The Blessed Tragedy

Every young heart craves affection. To be loved more than life itself, and wanted enough to end lonliness forever. In the desprete need for this, Tragedy has taken its home at the root of it all. Pulling young hearts apart and ending the blossum of a love story all together. 

        Tragedy is more than just death, it is the serpent of the night that takes every situation for itself. Looking for ways to end a happiness that had started. To push its being into every individuals life. But even with all its negatives, Tragedy happens for reasons no one knows. In the end it is either hurting or helping, but its goal is unknown. You could see Tragedy in many different views but no matter what, it is seen as the enemy and always will. 

        In the heart of it all, Tragedy took place in the life of Juliet Bronn. Her parents quickly being ripped from her life at the eve of her transition from a girl to a woman. With nothing but an uncle the young princess began a  journey alone into a world filled with courtship and power. Through it all a fake smile and a strong will. 

        Tragedy does not care who you are, but only if you have a soul. The world lay at its feet, submitting to the authority it brings to every single one of earths creatures. It is a part of the cycle and meaning of life, to live without it is to not live at all.

        Juliet Bronn knew her tragedy was only the beginning, and continued her life awaiting for the next one. She could have just as easily given up hope and submitted to whatever it may have brought next, but that wasn't her decision. She chose to live through the moment and fight for what was next.

                                                                 ~*~

        Under the moon and stars Juliet lounged to the ghost of the piano she had listened to her father play so many times. Her mom was by her side, hand placed so delicately on Juliets shoulder. Even though a memory, she could feel the warmth of her mothers palm, and the life it filtered into her. 

        "Goodnight Mother." 

        Her whisper filled the room and into the ghostly figures of her smiling parents. The candles brightened at the silent magic, and her parents disappeared in a graceful dust. With her heart sore, Juliet lifted herself from the seat and placed her hand on the piano, feeling the life that used to radiate from it and fill the room.

        "My Lady, the monks wait for you."

        Juliet turned and looked at the unfamiliar boy standing in the doorway. He stood nervously in a bow she could only imagine was tiring to keep in position. Slowly she walked towards the boy and put a hand to his shoulder, signaling for him to stand.

        "What is your name?

        "Mal--Malik your majesty." His eyes were wider than she had ever seen a humans go. It angered her more than humiliated her that reactions like these were awarded to her. If only he knew that she was more of a monster than beautiful.

        "Thank you Malik." She mumbled and walked out of the room, to the chapel buried in the back of the castle. Its walls were covered in passed down art that had been in the family for ages, and curtains of gold to accent the stained glass windows.

        "Your Majesty." The monks nodded and bowed as she walked past them.

        Her heart ached when she saw the two empty chairs crowned with gold and emeralds. In her minds eye she could see her parents sitting there, celebrating the ceremony that was supposed to signify her transition in power. Beside the two chairs her uncle patiently stood, staring at Juliet with a look of knowing and mystery. 

        Juliet waited as a servant untied her gown and softly pulled it down until she was standing bare in front of the monks and her uncle. She lied down on the ceremonial blankets on top of the large alter and waited for the monks to begin.

        With her back faced up, hands steadily began tracing lines of tar all over, outlining the masterpiece that was to come. All the while Juliet kept her eyes closed, imagining the warmth of her mothers hand and the music of her father.

         "It is done, your Majesty."

        Juliet opened her eyes and took in a large breath. Hours of stinging had come to this moment. Years of school and prayer had been all for this. She could feel the buzz of new power moving throughout her. The Seal of the Shepard pulsed on her back, awakening the power that only she could have.

        "Vespithe." The room of people whispered as she stood. A large mirror was held in front of her, withen moments another mirror was moved behind her to see the seal inked permanently onto her back and the diamond that was grooved into her flesh. 

        There was no longer the feeling of unease from standing naked in front strangers and her uncle, instead a calm and satisfied longing filled her body the moment she looked at the seal. Its vines curved around the small of her spine, encassing a large diamond. The vines swirled and looked to move across her entire back, symbolizing the Seal of the Shepard and the power within it. The diamond pulsed warmth through Juliet, whispering words she couldn't understand yet, but would learn to. 

        "Vespithe." She whispered, feeling more warmth from the jewel when she whispered its name.

        Everyone around her bowed, whispering prayers for the jewel that gave her more power she was to learn to handle. 

        Juliet took a silk robe from a servant and placed it over her body, covering the seal and the power within it. The seal that had been living in her mother until the moment they took it out of her body. The need to cry was so great in Juliet, but she willed herself to be strong, to look strong for the people in the room she would be a queen to some day.

        It was with the seal and the power that used to run through her mother, but was now running through her that Juliet knew she could run the kingdom. For even though she knew Tragedy would hit, she could face it with the newfound power and strength she had adopted.