The Blessed Tragedy: Chapter 3

Prince Damon:

        Damon couldn't get the image of Juliet out of his head. He had watched her for several moments in the library before speaking up. If he had had a pencil and paper he would have scetched the scene of her sitting so sorrowful on the chair, staring at the designs on the antique carpet. 

        Her hair was so gracefully wrapped around her shoulders, falling like silk down her back. The dress she wore hug her body sinfully, but the angel white of the fabric made her look like an angel. She was a beautiful creature, and Damon wanted nothing more than to have her as his own. 

        When she left he imagined himself following her to her quarters and pulling the dress from her to see the perfection that she was underneath. 

        "Prince Damon, King George and King Garrett wait for you in the study." 

        Damon looked over at the young boy bowing down by the doorway. He stood from the couch and walked towards him, "Thank you, I will be over in a moment." 

        The boy nodded and bowed deaper before disappearing down the long hallway. 

        Damon smiled as he pictured Juliet standing there requesting him to call her by her name after he requested she call him his. The Princess was more than he had expected and he was excited to learn more about her. Dinner couldn't come any faster.

Juliet:

        Juliet's maid that she had done little to get to know was dressing her in a dress that had just been made for her. She took notice that the blue accented her eyes and made her hair stand out darker than it already was. 

        "You're finished Your Majesty."

        "Thank You." Juliet moved away from the girl and walked to the doorway, looking back at the dress one more time. The back of it opened up, revealing the Seal across her back. The diamond gleamed in the light, boasting in its exposure to everyone that is to lay eyes on it.

        The room became still when Juliet made her entrance. Her uncle took advantage of King Garrett's presence, inviting many of the nobles around the kingdom. Juliet looked away from the eyes that studied her so precisely and watched the floor, in case it decided to give way.

        "I was wondering when you were going to grace us with your presence."

        Juliet smiled at Damon's voice, bowing politely, "Forgive me for making you wait."

        "It was worth it." He took her hand, placing a soft kiss on it.

        The seal burned at the contact, but quickly subsided when he placed her hand down.

        "It looks like I don't need to introduce the two of you." King Garrett walked up to the two of them with Juliet's uncle at his side.

        "We happened to run into one another earlier." Damon grabbed two drinks from the tray of a servant walking by, handing one to Juliet.

        She took the drink and sipped carefully, she wasn't planning on being a drunk like the nobles around her.

        "I'm sure it was a lucky event." King Garrett smirked at his friend. The two laughed and began talking about many things, eventually leading to the hunting plans they had made for tomorrow.

        "Will you be joing up your highness?" Damon looked over at Juliet. She watched him, glancing over at King Garrett who studied her, waiting for her response.

        "If you both will have me."

        "We would be more than happy to accept you into the game." King Garrett bowed, keeping his eyes on hers.

        "Dinner is ready." Her uncle finally spoke up, leading the crowd into the dining room. 

        Everyone had their seats according to class. Juliet sat on the right side of her uncle at the edge of the table. The king was on his left and next to him was Damon. Juliet could have cared less about the seating arrangment, it only served to be more of a hassle when nobles chose to speak loudly over the table in hopes the king would hear them and join in on the conversation. 

        "Certainly you are content with the peace in your kingdom Majesty Garrett?" A woman spoke loudly, catching the kings attention.

        "Of course, I couldn't be more happy."

        "You must be boasting in being the most powerful king in the world. You have no enemies, for they are too scared to come against you!" She explained proudly, as if she were apart of his kingdom.

        Juliets uncle glared at the woman, smiling when his eyes met King Garrett's.

        "How do you feel about that Lady Juliet?" 

        Juliet looked up at Damon who questioned her with an amused smile on his face. He played with her and only wanted to hear her talk for once during the dinner. She glared at him and looked away after a few moments.

        "A king with no enemies is fictional. A king with smart enemies who wait to attack are the only existant ones." She grabbed her drink, taking a sip. The room stayed quiet, only with the occasional in-take of breath.

        When she finally looked up at King Garrett he smiled at her, "And how could I beat them, Your Highness?"

        "You need to be smarter." She nodded towards him respectively and glanced at Damon, holding back his laughter. She smiled and looked away from the king. She could feel her uncles glare penatrating her, but chose to ignore it.

        At the end of dinner, instead of joining the remaining guest in the study, Juliet stole away to her room. In the hallway she could feel someone following her and turned around. Behind her Damon had just turned the corner. He smiled when his eyes met hers and came closer.

        "You were quite the entertainment tonight."

        "I hadn't tried." She shrugged.

        "Then I could only imagine how entertaining you are when you do." He laughed.

        Juliet couldn't help but smile with him. His eyes pierced hers, she almost wanted to reach out and touch him, just to be sure he was real.

        "Is there a reason you chose to disappear from the party so early?" 

        "I don't care to sit and chat about nothing important."

        "Then what do you like to talk about?" He watched her carefully.

        "I have never been one to talk much." 

        "That much I have noticed." He smiled.

        "And is there a reason you are following me to my room, Prince Damon?" 

        He smirked, turning to walk past her, "I was simply going to the library." 

        Juliet laughed and pointed him down another hallway, "Then you are going the wrong way."

        "Right." He smirked and strolled down the direction he pointed, whistling to himself, "Goodnight, Your Highness."

        "Goodnight Damon." She smiled.