Knowing

My name's Melinda McLeod, 3 years ago my best friend Melissa Maxwell and I murdered an innocent human being. It was Halloween, outside it was brisk, we were doing the same thing we usually do. Slaying evil beings. When I say evil I mean vampires, werewolves,lycans and mythical creatures. Their main objective in life is to take over the human race. That's our job, two best friends trying to save the world and noone can know about it. We were walking around our little town ' FernDale' hunting for a vampire that has recently been sired. Suddenly we see a young woman running out of the woods. She had two peircings on her neck, so automatically Lissa and I were fighting with her trying to get the wooden stake through her heart. She was fighting back like 'they' usually do. I staked her, but she didn't turn to dust, she wasn't a vampire.

" Oh my god.. I killed an innocent." Melissa turned to me.

" It's O.K. Melinda. It was a mistake, but we have to go, we can't be put in jail for murder." Of course I knew there was nothing we could do, but I just couldn't let it go. It was really hard for me to accept the fact that I, Melinda McLeod killed someone. We ran back home, we couldn't take the chance of being caught. Staying low was a good alternative for a few days. Me and my blonde haired, blue eyed friend share an apartment so we could be closer. The police looked for the killer for months, but since they couldnt find me they closed it. Monsters as I call them, come after us a lot because we are the only things keeping any of them enslaving the human race. Melissa teaches a Ju Jitsu class, so we can have some money to pay the rent and buy food. It's been 3 years since they closed the case, they opened the case again on the anniversary of Kaelyn Marsters death for a reason I don't know.

Maybe they've found us..

A/N

Hey readers:)! Hope you enjoy..