Do What Your Heart Tells You

• Dedicated to Becca Hall

Talia's POV

A week after the Gajeel incident, Ashley came up to me while I was laying in the sun with Nate. "Talia, I talked to Gajeel, and he wants to appolagize for attacking Nate." I looked behind her and Gajeel was standing there looking at the ground.

Gajeel walked over and looked at Nate. "Nate, I'm sorry for attacking you the other night. I just didn't trust you, and I was worried that you would bring trouble to this pack. I was just worried about keeping Ashley safe. If anything ever happened to her, I don't know what I would do. I just want to keep her and the pups safe from harm, because I love them." He then looked at me, "Talia, I'm sorry for upsetting you by not trusting Nate and attacking him." he had a look of regret in his eyes as he mentioned attacking Nate.

Nate and I accepted Gajeel's appologies, and there was peace within the pack. After about a month of Nate being in the pack, I started to realize that I cared for him alot, and that I was being a little bit over-protective of him. I talked to Dawn about it and her face lit up with excitement.

"Talia, I think you're in love with Nate!" she exclaimed.

"Dawn! Did you have to say it so loud?!" I whisper-yelled.

She just rolled her eyes and said, "Come on T, it's not like anybody is around to hear it."

"Yeah, but still. I dunno I just feel happier when I'm around him, and when Gajeel attacked him... I lost it." I said looking down.

"Talia, being in love is nothing to be ashamed about. Be happy! Come on T, this is the first time you've ever cared about someone this much," she said with glee.

"Yeah but what if he doesn't feel the same way? What will I do then Dawn?" I asked quizically.

"Just do what your heart tells you," she said with a smile.

The next few days, I began hanging out with Nate alot more. We hunted together and we ran trough the meadow together. One day I asked him how he liked living in a pack compared to living alone.

"I can definitly say that being in a pack is much better than being on my own. I especially like hanging out with you Talia." I looked in his eyes, and I saw something diffenrent.

"Nate," I said nervously, "I think I might be falling in love with you..." I said slowly, waiting for a response. "I probably shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry..." I looked away.

"Talia, I think I'm in love with you too," he said moving so he could look into my eyes. I nuzzled him and we chased each other through the meadow, laughing.

When nightfall came, Nate stayed in my den with me and we fell asleep to the sounds of the night. In the morning I was awoken to Dawn calling my name from the woods. I looked over and saw that Nate was looking at me. "You should probably go see what she wants," he said licking my face.

I got up and went to see what Dawn was calling me for. "Talia! I looked in Nate's den this morning and he wasn't there! Do you know what happened?" she said worridly.

"Dawn don't worry, he stayed in my den with me last night. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too," I said happily.

"Awww T!!! That's so sweet! See what happens when you listen to your heart?"