Insane Love

I was alone. Alone in an asylum where I didn't even deserve to be. Well, other then my best friend Lana who was also stuck in here with me. We came to do a story on Briarcliff and got caught "snooping" but the thing was, this place was run by maniacs and we tended to prove that for the good of the poor people who were being thrown in there everyday.

"Lana." I whispered, trying to get her to look at me. She was taking being stuck here very hard. Even harder than me. She continued to ignore me. When we first were thrown in here she screamed until she didn't have a voice left, keeping me awake at night until I finally grabbed her, hugging her tight, telling her we would be okay until she calmed down. Things were rough here and we intended on getting out, soon.

"Today would be as good of a day as any to try electric shock therapy on you Lana." said the voice that I now knew belonged to Sister Jude. "You've been keeping our other patients up all night and you're making people uncomfortable with all that screaming." Lana began to scream again, making me shrink back into the corner. I wanted to comfort her but she was inconsolable. Sister Jude opened the cell door dragging Lana out. I leaped across the cell grabbing onto her, they weren't taking her without taking me too. "Oh, Andrea, it looks like you want to go along too huh." Sister Jude smirked. I just glared at her and clung to Lana following her to the electric shock therapy room.

They put Lana on the table strapping her down, she fought like crazy to get away almost managing to slip off of the table. I lunged towards the table to attempt to get Lana away from those crazy people but I felt strong arms circle around my waist, pulling me away. I turned to see who was holding me back and saw an extremely handsome man. He had dark hair and eyebrows with high rimmed glasses and beautiful brown eyes. It took me a moment to take my eyes off of him to turn back to help Lana. When I turned around it was too late. They were cranking up the machine and putting the head piece on Lana's temples. They turned it on and began shocking her, her eyes rolled back and she began spasming uncontrollably. I continued fighting to get to her but to no avail, for the man still held me firmly to his chest.

Eventually they took the mouth and head piece off and began helping Lana back to her room. I ran after her, quickly going to her bed in our cell. Her temples had blood spots beginning to show and tears began streaming down my face when I realized that I had failed to be there for my friend when she needed me most.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Lana began searching wildly everyday, for a way to escape. I would have helped but I thought it quite pointless, there was no way out. We sat in the lobby during lunch, Lana was telling me about a new way of escape she had come up with. "Lana you know we will never get out of here..." I began, but just then the same man that held me away from Lana during her therapy walked into the room like a breeze, I once again, couldn't take my eyes off of him. He looked at me, looking away and then quickly looking back, making eye contact with me. I got chills just looking into those mysterious eyes. I could hear Lana mumbling to me in the background, saying something like, "how can you talk like that,you hate it here as much as I do!" but I just continued watching the man as he walked towards us, in smooth, long strides.

He sat down as Lana went silent, he never took his gaze off of me. "You must be Andrea and Lana." He said. His voice was so deep and manly, it vibrated in my chest, making me smile shyly. "I'm Dr. Oliver Thredson, I'm Briarcliff's psychiatrist, I know that neither of you are meant to be here. Lana I heard from sister Jude that you're a lesbian, I just wanted to let you know that if you would let me try conversion therapy with you, I may be able to get you out of here." I glanced at Lana, as shock crossed her face and she glanced back at me. "If you'll try it, I could get both of you out of here, I'm leaving this place tomorrow evening and if you don't attempt by then, I can't do anything to get you out of here. Andrea you should try to convince her because if she agrees to this, I could get you out of here too."

I looked at Lana trying to find an answer in her eyes but came up blank. After a minute or two I replied, "We'll think about it, thank you." He smiled and stood up walking over to another group of people and began talking. "What do you think?" I asked Lana when Dr. Thredson was out of hearing range. "I think...No, I don't wanna do it. We can get out of here on our own." "Lana please just try it, personally I think you need it anyways." She looked at me with a shocked expression. "Please just try it, we could finally be out of here!" She just continued staring into space, totally ignoring me.

After a while we were ushered back to our cells. I was laying there in the dark, trying to sleep over the sound of yelling and banging in the cells around me when I felt the side of my bed sag down. I sat up looking over to see Lana sitting there. "Andrea... I think maybe... I think I might try the therapy. I'm sick of being here, I can't take this any longer." I smiled "Thank you Lana I'm sure it will be worth it, just think, we will finally be out of here!" I hugged her and then laid back down, drifting off in a matter of seconds.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next morning we made our way with Dr. Thredson to the therapy room. He put two chairs side by side so I could sit beside her and comfort her, should things get bad. I caught myself, staring multiple times at Oliver, being unable to take my eyes off of him at times. He would always meet my gaze, causing me to break eye contact. They began the therapy, I wince every time Lana vomits, I don't understand how this could help her, they show her a picture of a woman and when she's ready, run something through her iv causing her to vomit. After so many rounds he shows her a picture of Wendy. My eyes grow wide and I get furious at the thought of him being so uncaring as to do this to Lana. I understand that her lesbianism is disgusting and inhuman but this was too far. "Where did you get that?" Lana asks hoarsely. "When I went through your house after you were put in here i found it, I thought you might want it."

After a while, Lana was exhausted and crying, I just prayed this would be over soon. "Please just give me a minute I can- I know I can do it!" She cried. "I've had enough!" I yelled, refusing to let them continue to abuse her, there had to be a better way to do this. "Please, she can't do this anymore!" Lana looked at me like I'd punched her. She wanted to get out of here and in order to do so she had to do this. Oliver allowed us to leave saying we could still leave that evening. We were so ready!