Insane Love

I jumped when I felt Lana shaking awake. "Get up Andrea you're coming with me." she whispered. I got up and followed her as she cautiously looked both ways before stepping into the hall and tip toeing down the hallway to the storage room. Oliver glared at Lana but it seemed like he'd softened towards me since last night. I smiled at him hoping Lana hadn't caught it. She knelt down beside him. "You'd like to kill me right now wouldn't you Oliver?" She asked him. "Well you won't after I show you this." She held out the paper, proof that she was pregnant. "What is it?" He asked, unable to see in the dusky room. "The ultimate cosmic joke, you got me pregnant!" Lana said. "I'm gonna be a father?" He whispered, smiling slightly at her. "No Oliver you're not gonna be a father." she sneered. "Do you actually think I would keep this baby? You really think I asked for this? I'm gonna put it up for adoption, unless I can find a way to get an abortion." she stood up smiling down at him as his eyes widened.

I covered my mouth, surprised by what she just said but how could I expect anything different, she wasn't me, she didn't love him. "No Lana please! I'll do anything! Please don't kill him, I was never going to kill you, you have to believe me! I would never hurt you or the baby just please listen to me!" He said, starting to cry. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him that I was the one pregnant and we could have a family together but that wasn't the way it was. I just stood there watching as Lana strutted out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I rubbed my temples wondering whether I should go after her or stay with Oliver. I walked over to Oliver and knelt down by his side. "Andrea don't let this happen! Please! Do something, just get me out of here so I can talk to her!" I sighed deeply, "There's nothing I can do! No matter what I do or you do or anyone else does she's never gonna love that baby!" I said, helping him back up into a sitting position. "Andrea... you know I would never hurt you right? I understand now that you love me." My eyes widened with surprise at his words. "No Oliver I don't know that you wouldn't hurt me, as far as I know I could let you loose from these ties and watch you walk out that door just to end up back in your basement with Lana. I just can't let that happen."

I could see the rage in his eyes and I thought maybe I'd gone too far but he knew the predicament he was in and knew better then to say anything off the wall. "I have to go... I love you." I said looking into his eyes, hoping he would hear my words and believe them. I had never known what it was like to grow up without a loving family and had no idea what he was going through and I wanted him to know that I loved him. I shut the door behind me and went to find Lana. I found her waiting for me in our cell. "Well now that you're done with him we have work to do." Lana said. "We need to get a recorder and get him to confess, I'll tell him I won't try to abort the baby if he'll confess it but we have to keep the recorder hidden or he won't confess." I frowned but didn't say anything. Just then our cell door opened and we were ushered back to the lobby. We took a seat on the couch as I listened to Lana's plan.

"Where are we gonna get a recorder?" I asked her. "There was one in the room where Oliver tried to kill me, I saw it when I was on the phone we need to get it as soon as we are taken back to our cell." I looked up in surprise as I saw someone leading sister Jude into the room looking just like the rest of the patients. "What did they do to her?" Lana gasped. "I don't know but it must have been really bad." She sat down at one of the chairs staring blankly at the wall. "I'm gonna go talk to her." Lana whispered. I stayed where I was deciding to not interfere. Lana came back over and sat down beside me. "Either she can't talk or she won't but either way I got nothing out of her." she informed me. "You know what, I don't have time to sit here, let's sneak out." Lana said quietly. We watched until the guard wasn't looking and ran out the door. "Go check Oliver's room while I get the recorder. I think I saw some guards milling around there." she told me.

I slipped into the room. "Hey." I whispered, sitting down beside him. "My wrists hurt." he groaned. "I know baby." I struggled to resist the urge to wrap my arms around him but I had to distance myself for now. "I would get you something to eat but they don't know I'm here obviously." I told him. I noticed him watching me intently. "What?" I asked. "I just miss when you used to hold me just like my mother should have done." he whispered. My heart started pounding as I remembered what he'd done to Lana and I not that long ago but those memories started to fade away and I couldn't keep myself from loving him. I put my arms around him pulling him close. We stayed like that for a few moments before I decided I'd better get back to Lana. I kissed him on the forehead, "I have to go." I went back to our cell where Lana would be waiting for me. As I opened the door I could hear her crying from inside. My heart started to pound, what was wrong now?!

*************************************
So I don't really know how this book is going right now I'm getting good responses about it but I feel like it's not really that good so please leave comments about how you feel about it and what you don't like so I can fix it if you want me to continue writing!