3

EEEP.... BEEEEEP.....BEEEP!

No one could stop the annoying beeping of the morning traffic outside. I hate being in the middle of the main traffic area. That's why the rent on the apartment is so low. Your probably thinking, if you have a mustang then why do you own a cheep apartment? It's just because I wanted to save some of the money and having a big flashy mansion doesn't really seem to be the best of ways to spend inheritance money. Instead I keep my money safely stuffed away in the saving bank.

I groaned at the noise and rolled over groggily in my bed feeling the mess of hair float into my face. I brushed it out of my face and looked at my bedside clock. 11:50am.

11:50 AM!!!

Shit!

I jumped up out of bed running around the bedroom quickly pulling on an outfit of black skinny jeans and a breaking Benjamin top. I skipped my morning shower and just wiped my face with the flannel after quickly scrubbing my teeth. I skipped breakfast and forgot to do my makeup before pulling my electric guitar over my shoulder and making a dash for my car.

11:55am.

5 minutes left. I need to be there for lunch. 12:00pm. I have 5 fucking minutes.

I turned on the engine to my car and pulled down the sun shield and catching a glimpse of my bed head in the mirror. Damn it. I quickly jumped out of the car again and ran back inside of my apartment which I forgot to lock while in a hurry. I tugged the brush through my hair taming the frizz and ran back outside again, remembering to lock the door this time.

11:58am

Shit shit shit shit. I pulled out on someone as I exited the parking lot earning a few rude hand gestures and honks of the horn. I couldn't care less, I just sped my way to the address the band had given me yesterday. Luckily it was only about 2 miles away so I made it just short of 5 minutes late. I'm sure it can pass. I can just tell them I got lost on the way here.

I opened the boot and yanked out my guitar before walking up to the house and knocking on the door.

I heard muffled shouts of 'not it' and then a pair of feet walking towards the door. The door was slowly unlocked and there stood Frank. Him and those amazingly hazel eyes that made you melt on the spot.

"Hey Midnight. Come in. We don't bite." Frank said before standing back in the doorway.

"No, but I do." I evilly grinned and Frank audibly gulped causing us both to laugh.

I stepped inside and took of my shoes at the door as it seems as if this is actually someone's home.

"Here, let me get that for you." Frank said taking my guitar out of my hands without much warning.

"Oh, thanks." I said as I followed him hesitantly further into the house.

"Hey guys, Midnight's here." He yelled causing me to jump a little.

He just laughed at my reaction to his all of the sudden yell.

We rounded a corner into the main room where I saw three other guys sitting on couches and chatting with a couple of cans of beer and empty coffee cups on the coffee table.

"Hey Midnight. I'm Gerard." He said standing up and shaking my hand. "That's my little bro, Mikey but he loves being called Michael." Gerard said pointing to his brother who gave me a small smile before sticking his fingers up at Gerard.

"No, I'm just Mikey, not Michael, Miiiiyyyykkkkaaayyyy." He stretched out the word so the point would get across to Gerard.

"That is Bobert," Gerard continued explaining.

"No, I'm Bob. Spelled B O B." He said while waving at me and glaring at Gerard.

"And that my friend is not a garden gnome, it's a strange creature named Frankie." Gerard teased.

"Oooiiii!" Frank whined while shooting glares at Gerard. "I'm not that short. Look Midnight is smaller." He argued.

And here come the insults of being small, I thought I got rid of them when I left school. Obviously not.

"Look, she's pocket sized." He said smiling a big cheesy grin at me and cooing as if I was a baby.

"If you don't shut up I will kick you in your garden gnome sized balls." I retaliated.

Everything was silent for a short second as I felt as if I was being judged and not in a nice way. But suddenly my doubts were lifted when the room suddenly burst into laughter.

"High five!" Bob yelled as he was closest sticking up his hand in the air for me to high five.

I high fived him with a smile and turned back to Frank to see him looking hurt.

"Don't take the Michael out of my height and I won't do to you." I said.

"Hey, don't do that I didn't do anything to you." Mikey said.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise I said Michael, just a slip of the tongue." I smiled at him now aware of what I did.

"Why does it start to feel like we have gained another Frankie. Short, weird yet funny, and has a great ability to take the mick out of people. Or should I say take the MICHAEL out of people." Gerard laughed.

I looked at him picking something to make fun out of him for calling me small and annoying. The first thing that came to mind was his smudged guy liner.

"Watch it Alice Cooper." I said with a point causing more out bursts of laughter even Gerard laughed at the joke that was directed at him.

"Can we keep this one Gerard. Please, please, please." Frankie begged tugging on my arm like a small child.

"I'm fine with it so far, but there is one more thing we need to cover. How well does she play?..." Gerard said and I gulped a little bit. I haven't played I front of people in a while.

So this should be fun...