◽ Twenty Seven

▬

After their conversation, Caspian bade everyone farewell and left back to the sofa has was sleeping. Yet even in absence his words remained in Antonia's head, rattling around her mind long after everyone else had gone to bed.

"Everything okay - "

"Tonks!" She almost rolled out of the sofa bed in surprise, "I thought you were asleep."

"I mean, I was but then you kicked me in the leg quite hard," Tonks laughed although there was still a hint of genuine pain in his voice, "So I was but yeah, I'm quite clearly not now."

Antonia rolled over, curling the offending legs up to avoid a repeat, "Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Something on your mind?" Tonks asked, "And don't say no because you're you, there's always something on your mind."

This succeeded in getting a soft laugh from her yet she wasn't ready to reveal what Caspian had said to anyone just yet. What he'd said was some heavy things but ... it made sense. Besides, he knew Jude and Adelaide better than she did, hell, he'd lived with them. It would solve so many problems too and perhaps even let Roma continue a future relationship with Liam Friendless without the boy becoming demonised in the Carlson's eyes. He should take his fair share of the work but this would be easier if the blame had been shifted to someone else. 

"Just ... thinking about everything today," Antonia lied, playing the slight tremor in her voice off as a grogginess from needing sleep, "I mean, it's quite ridiculous how much happened when you think about it. We met the Baby Daddy, promptly left the Baby Daddy not knowing he'll be a Dad in ... blimey, April."

"I do feel bad for leaving. We were his only friends, poor chap"

 Antonia sniggered but continued on, "Then we find out May's not a prostitute but Caspian is and she's now trustworthy due to us having blackmail over her."

"And the fact that she's broken the family rules too and loves her girlfriend and most importantly, sister," Tonks was quick to add the slightly more optimistic point of view to contrast Antonia's stark realism.

Again, she succeeded in alleviating the look of gloomy thoughtfulness, the smile curving onto her lips like sunbeams cutting through grey clouds, "Yes, and that too."

"If she ever needs help, I can always pose as a fake boyfriend, free of the charge and day dependent ... or maybe a clone of Jude Carlson," He giggled, "I've got his mannerisms down to a T from all the meetings."

"Perhaps," Antonia replied, shutting her eyes.

It seemed the conversation had come to an end but Tonks had other ideas mainly because Antonia's right foot was still subconsciously jiggling slightly, "Are you sure everything's alright?" Antonia heard a slight rustle of the sheets and when she rolled to face him, Tonks was already eager to chat: resting on his side, using his hand to prop his head up. Even now, his hair colour was ever changing she noticed, currently shifting between subtle variants of midnight blue.