◽ Fifteen

▬

"Remember, upright posture," Antonia scolded, arranging Tonks' robes for her as they stood a few corridors from the office, tucked safely behind a corner, "Roma's family are insistent on it."

"Got it, no slouching," Tonks replied with a grin.

"I don't cut off words like that," Roma added, "I mean, I do it sometimes but I try not to. So it would be 'I've got it, I won't slouch', alright?"

Tonks pursed her lips together, "I've got it, Lord Carlson, I will not slouch."

"You kid around but that was actually better," Roma countered, her hands coming to rest on her stomach, "Remember, don't mention Abel."

"Don't worry, that's cemented into my mind," Tonks tapped her brain, "Number one priority ... sorry, that is my number one priority."

Roma smiled a little, "That's better. Thank you."

"And remember, avert eye contact, be brief but detailed and if in doubt, tremble and drop your cup," Antonia reminded her, still straightening out the collar although it was more to calm her nerves now than anything.

"Antonia, don't worry, I've - oof!" She stumbled back as Antonia launched a surprise hug attack, catching her in the ribs. Quickly, Tonks hugged her back, softly reassuring her, "Don't worry, I'll be alright, okay? I'm Tonks, if worst comes to worst, I'll become a bird and fly out of there."

"Don't do that," Antonia laughed nervously as she let go, standing back next to Roma who patted her on the arm.

"I've already done a Defence lesson, don't worry."

Roma stepped forward, staring Tonks dead in the eye, "This will be far more heavily scrutinised though, Tonks, the Defence lessons really don't compare. My Dad misses very little with me - "

"Except the massive bump under your cloak."

"Tonks! Well ... yes, he did miss that but Abel's still small and I have bad circulation anyway," Roma replied, "Just tell him what he wants, try not to betray too much attention. I'll reiterate it again, avert eye contact. You can tell so much from the eyes."

"Think I've got it, okay?" Tonks assured them, backing away a little, "Like I said, I've managed to be you before ... piece of cake."

She laughed whilst the other two exchanged a look.

"It's a piece of cake," Roma corrected as Tonks left the room. Once she was gone, Roma turned to Antonia, "I hope she remembers what happened. If I can't remember the last time, it will be awfully noticeable."