Chapter 13

If I could, I would just continue wearing the sweater and jeans that I'd had on all day. It needed to be washed though, considering I'd worn it two days in a row--and on a plane--so sadly, I had to pick something different. Nothing seemed right in my duffel bag, nothing that I wanted to wear. I sighed, plopping down on the edge of the bed. Maybe I could just wear the sweater again, although I'd been told it would be really warm. It wouldn't be too bad, right?

I glanced around the room, wondering if I'd missed something I'd thrown in my haste. At first, I didn't see anything; most of my stuff was still in one little corner anyway. But when I looked on the other side, there was another suitcase I hadn't seen before. There's no way it was mine, I'd only brought one thing for my stuff.

I got up and walked over to it, interested to see what would be in the suitcase that was propped open against the wall. I didn't touch anything, just looked at the clothes on the top layer. They were all bunched up like they'd been tossed in, tops mixed up with black jeans. All black jeans. There wasn't even a hint of regular denim in the mess.

"Whatcha doing?" Calum's voice intruded on my wandering, and I spun around to see him watching me with an eyebrow raised.

"Originally, I was trying to find something to wear in my bag. There wasn't a single shirt I wanted to change into. And then I looked over here to see this suitcase in the corner. It's yours, right?" I finished, crossing my arms.

"Did you see something you wanted to wear in there?" He asked.

"Are you saying if I find something I can wear it?" I was trying really hard not to sound too eager, but it was difficult when I kind of liked his clothes more than mine.

"If you like." He shrugged, lips twitching into a smile. I clapped my hands, excited.

When his surprise registered, I looked down at my hands in shock as well. Did I really just do that? Because someone told me I could wear some of their clothes? I glared down at them, a little angry at them for responding to my emotions.

"You're too small for my jeans--you could pull them off I'm sure, but you're too small for them to fit you right--but you look exceptionally good in my tops, as evidenced by my sweater. You can wear anything you want to." He grinned, over his moment of surprise.

He seemed happier than I was at the prospect of me in his clothes.

"I'm going to...head into the living room, while you get ready." He pointed over his shoulder before he turned and left.

I smiled again before kneeling in front of his suitcase and digging through the clothes. There were a few shirts with holes in them--is this some new fashion I don't understand?--some flannel, and a lot of tank tops. 

I pulled out one after the other, not really surprised to see that most of them were black. 

I got to the bottom of the pile, almost giving up, before I saw one that wasn't black and also looked just about perfect--tri-colored and with a cut that meant I'd have to wear an undershirt or a sports bra, it was definitely what I was stealing from him. 

It's times like these I wish I had makeup. 

~~*~~

Calum 

"You ready?" I call, struggling not to look. I was tempted--boy was I tempted--but I held myself back. 

"Yeah, one sec." 

I was kind of curious what she'd decided to wear--and also why it made me feel good to know that she preferred wearing one of my shirts to anything of hers. My mates were sitting in the den, waiting for us to be ready. We had a few hours yet until we needed to be at the venue, but we wanted to stop and get something to eat beforehand.