Chapter 4 - Long Live The King

Stink Bug Perspective

King Pooty Mc Scooty couldn't understand it. How could he go wrong? He had managed to sneak past his advisors and onto a stick that hung over the table where his queen sits. He had also fallen a considerable height to land on the table, only to be thrown in the dungeons by a rude, eyeless guard. "He must be jealous." Thought the king. That had to be it. Why, the king was in the middle of proposing to Annet and thought it was going well. He could see that his queen was completely shocked at his seductive nature and the way he was wooing her. If only the guard hadn't interfered... they would have had a beautiful wedding. The king sat there, thinking about how he could propose to his queen again; because how could he possibly know that his kingdom was celebrating his death, instead of planning his rescue? In fact, one stink bug in particular was quite thrilled to know that the old king was no more. It was this very stink bug that decided to interrupt the celebrations with a very important speech. "The king is dead!" Exclaimed the stink bug with glee. A cheer of joy rang out from the stink bugs, for no one really liked the king very much. King Pooty Mc Scooty had done many stupid things in his time as the ruler of the stink bug kingdom, (he once tried to talk to the birds and had to be saved by his advisors) and as the longest serving king so far, the public was thoroughly fed up. "We are now free from the rule of that old lunatic that called himself a king!" continued the loud, celebration-interrupting stink bug from earlier. Once again, there was a cheer from the crowd before the passionate stink bug started to preach with great joy. "However, we still need someone to be king, to look after us and protect us! Tell me, are you fed up with the way the old king ruled?" The answer was a resounding "hell yeah!" From the crowd. With that, the stink bug spoke once more, saying "well so am I! I promise you, that i will rule with logic, and rational thinking! We stink bugs shall become the smartest insect of all! We shall become so advanced that the dreaded humans will bow down before us! I will be your king, King Jeffrey!" The citizens of the kingdom of stink bugs rejoiced, with cries of "hooray for King Jeffrey! Long live the first intelligent king we've ever had!" And so it was, that King Jeffrey the first ruled over a kingdom of very happy stink bugs while he thought of ways to rise up against humanity.

The end

...for now...