Chapter 14: Pain and Loss

Song: Sad Song- We The Kings
---------------------------------------------------------

No POV

It had been three years since the red and blue couple adopted Violet.

One particular night Violet was being rather fussy, Lance was about to tell Keith to take care of her when he heard someone shushing his child through the sound thingy. Assuming it was his lover, Lance rolled over ready to go back to sleep when his hand hit something solid. Sitting up slightly he looked closer to see Keith, sound asleep. But if Keith's right here, then who's in Violet's room? Lance thought; he immediately started to freak out and tried to wake up his significant other.

"What. What? What?!" Keith whisper yelled

"Someone's in Violet's room."

"WHAT!?" Keith practically yelled.

"Sssshhhhhh," Lance shushed him, "I'm gonna check it out." Lance got out of bed and grabbed the baseball bat that was placed beside his bed.

Keith watched Lance walk out of their room to Violets. After a few minutes Keith heard screaming, jumping out of bed he ran to Violet's room, to see the intruder pull his knife out of Lance's chest and climb back out the open window.

Keith ran over to the body of his husband that was now on the floor

"No, no, no you are not allowed to die on me, not now!!" Keith yelled hot tears spilling down his cheeks. Lance gave him a weak smile and placed his hand on Keith's cheek, Keith grabbed Lance's hand.

"Please, don't leave us. You have to be here, to see Violet's first steps, to here her first words, to give the talk to her future dates, to walk her down the isle on her wedding day, and dance with her. Please. Please," Keith was sobbing at this point.

"Keith."

He looked up into ocean blue eyes, the very eyes he loved since he first saw them, but this time they were slowly dimming instead of shining.

"Don't cry, please. I don't like to see you cry." Those words only made him cry harder.

"Keith, I love you," and with those words Lance's eyes lost all their brightness and his hand fell onto the ground.

Keith started sobbing harder rocking the body of his husband back and forth, refusing to let go of him.

Ppalgan and Asul walked over to the sobbing mess of a man.

Asul stood by Keith, and Ppalgan walked up to the dead body of his humans other half and nuzzled his half open hand as if asking Lance to pet him.

An hour had passed till the ambulance came, apparently someone had heard the screaming and decided to call the authorities. The paramedics had to practically drag Keith away from Lance, who was kicking and screaming like a 5 year old yelling that they can't take him away. Keith only stopped fighting when one of them asked Keith if it was his daughter who was in the crib crying hard.

Holding his daughter in his arms, Keith had to watch as the paramedics drove Lance's body away.

---------------------------------------------------------

I guess not EVERYONE lives happily ever after, after all.

Peace out women, men and those in between. ✌