Chapter 5: Job

Lance's POV.

Hunk, buddy, I love you but REALLY?! When you said you were gonna set me up on a blind date, I was expecting a gorgeous stranger to sit down NOT the quiznacking Mullet from across the apartment building! When he saw me his eyes went wide then straight (heh) to a glare, so I glared back.

We just kept on glaring at each other until our waitress came. She was different from the one who sat us down. She was tall and incredibly skinny, but you could tell she worked out. Her long night black hair ran down her back with little silver beads braided in here and there, kinda resembling the night sky, her eyes were a warm magenta color and she had slightly dark skin, like a tan. The shirt she was wearing resembled a sunrise, and her leggings looked like a galaxy.

"Hi, I'm Consta and I'll be your waiter for tonight. What can I get for you?" she asked with extreme enthusiasm grabbing that pad thing they write on. "Well, I'd order, but I'm not seeing your name on this menu," I said winking at her. Her eyes quickly darted to Mullet then back to me twitching slightly. She looked nervous but I shrugged it off as she wasn't use to flirting.

"Sorry, but I'm sure I can you something else," another quick glance at Mullet, "like a drink?" "Fine, I'll have a coke," she quickly wrote that down and turned to.......aaaaaand I just realised I didn't know his name. "I'll have a water, no lemon please," with that she walked off to get our drinks.

"What's your name?" I blurted out before I could stop myself, I internally face palmed. He raised an eyebrow at me before speaking, "My name's Keith," I just nodded at him, que awkward silence, que nervous fidgeting.

~Time Skip brought to you by me not knowing how to continue with the awkwardness~

We were halfway through our date, if you could even call it that, when both our phones went off. I looked at mine, while he looked at his, to see a text from my boss:

Mama Lion: THIS IS URGENT! I NEED ALL PALADINS TO DROP WHAT THEIR DOING AND COME HERE, IMMEDIATELY! WE HAVE A LEAD!!

Lead? A lead! We have a lead!! After months of searching we finally have a lead!!! I immediately stand up and start packing my stuff, "Sorry, but I have to go. Something very important came up," I reach into my pocket and throw some money onto the table, because I am a gentlemen (*cough*) and won't let Keith pay for both me and him. I start to run to the door, dodging waiters and families on the way, and get to my car. This lead could be one of the most important things to ever happen to the agency.
-

-------------------------------------------------------
Agency? What could Lance possibly be talking about? And what is this lead he speaks of? Find out next chapter!! This was my, horrible, attempt at a date. Tell me what you guys think ok!

Peace out men, women, and those in between. ✌