7. a fortesse

rachel was in her room trying to process what happened and she heard someone walking to her door and she turned around and saw scott

scott stood there as he saw the tears in her eyes and he walked over to her.

"i didn't get to say goodbye. i didn't get to say goodbye to my mom." rachel said as scott pulled her into a hug and she cried on his shoulder.

"it hurts so much, scott." rachel said as scott held her tighter.

"i know, i know." scott said quietly.

it hurt scott to see rachel like this. everyone knew that her mother death would hit her the most since all her emotions were heightened.

they pulled away when they heard a knock on the door and rachel saw stiles was there.

"rach." stiles said before walking over and pulling her into the tightest hug he's ever given.

rachel just cried harder and she felt her world was shattering. she lost her mom.

if she would've just stayed at the hospital a little longer, she might've been able to make it in time to say goodbye. but she didn't. she didn't stay longer.

she wasn't sure how she was going to cope with all these emotions because she felt like she couldn't go on.

"please, don't leave me." rachel said as she held unto stiles.

"never. i'd never leave you, rach." stiles said back.

-

scott, rachel and stiles were in the library looking at a map.

"we're back to telluric currents." stiles said.

"if the dread doctors didn't like coming into eichen house because of them, maybe we can use them to protect hayden." scott said.

"well, besides eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" scott asked.

"we're standing on it." scott said pointing at the school on the map.

"you want to hide her in the high school? for how long?" stiles asked.

"if we have to, all night. liam convinced hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. she's working a double tonight, she thinks hayden's having a sleepover with valerie." scott explained.

"but it's just a school though. you know, it's not exactly a fortress." stiles said.

"grace and lydia have an idea for that. grace is going to put a protection spell on hayden or any of us if she has to." rachel explained.