9. advantage

stiles and rachel got a ride with malia while stiles' jeep was being towed

"can they fix it?" malia asked.

"there's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." stiles replied.

"maybe you should try something other than duct tape." malia told him.

"it's got a bad alternator, you know, needs all new belts, transmissions going... the brake pads are basically metal on metal." stiles told her.

"how come you let it get so bad?" malia asked.

"there's been a few distractions, if you haven't noticed." stiles replied.

"i notice. more than you think i do." malia replied.

"uh, i didn't mean it like that." stiles told her.

"am i taking you guys home?" malia asked.

"no. sheriff station. i gotta talk to my dad." stiles told her.

"and rachel?" malia asked.

"he's on babysitting deputy, apparently." rachel said rolling her eyes.

"yeah, she's coming with me." stiles said.

-

malia pulled up at the sheriffs station and rachel had already gotten out of the car but she could hear what malia and stiles were saying.

"you want me to go in with you?" malia asked.

"no, it's okay. it's probably going to take a while." stiles said opening the door.

"are you gonna tell him about donovan?" malia asked making stiles shut the door again.

"you knew?" stiles asked his girlfriend.

"i guessed. i saw the bite on your shoulder while you were sleeping. it didn't matter to me. that's why i never said anything." malia said.

"it matters to me." stiles said and then he got out of the car.

"how sad. breakups suck don't they? not like i'd feel anything about them anymore. you know, our breakup made me feel so many things." rachel said as stiles looked over at her.

"it did?" stiles asked her.

"duh, i wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true." rachel replied.