07 - Fatherhood

Kisuke stepped through the Garganta, hand holding onto Ichigo's one. It was late evening and they had just entered the kitchen from Unohana-san's office. Tessai was cooking something and nodded at them absently. He seemed fine, though maybe a bit annoyed because of them being late.

"Tessai is cooking especially for you two~~!! It's unfair~~!!" Yoruichi whined, hitting the table with her fists.

Ichigo took off his mask and walked to Tessai, leaving Urahara at his friend's mercy. "I'm sorry... Uhm, Tessai, right?"

The tall, stern man looked at him and nodded. "Yes, Kurosaki-san."

"Quite the catch, and I'm not joking this time." Kisuke tuned out the other conversation to listen to Yoruichi. "Centuries to find him, you're lucky."

"Centuries to wait for him to be born, you mean."

She shrugged. "Point of view." And blew a strand of hair off her face. "Guess you'll be busy tonight." Her smirk truly resembled that of a Cheshire Cat.

Kisuke just smiled softly, already in his dreamland. "I'll make sure that no sound escapes my bedroom's walls." Then he frowned. "He is the Leader of the Arrancar's now..."

Yoruichi took her glass of sake and hummed. "That's not what you're worried about, Kisuke."

"True..." But didn't explain.

"Well? Out with it!"

"He's only worried about our child and me." Ichigo calmly supplied from Tessai's side, where he was watching how the man cooked. "And is also dumbly thinking that he doesn't deserve happiness."

Yoruichi was gaping, eyes wide and shock written all over her face. The other man had only arched a brow and was looking carefully at Ichigo. Kisuke had face-palmed.

"That's some way of breaking that kind of news, Ichigo."

"You were not going to tell them anytime soon, Kisuke."

"I understand, but... you've broken Yoruichi. It's not easy, you know?"

His mate took some plates to help Tessai and put them on the table. "I'm sorry."

The blonde caught his waist and made him sit at his side. "You do not seem sorry at all." He teased.

Tessai wiped his hands and made to leave. "Congratulations." And then excused himself for the night.

Ichigo started eating. "Your friend is not breathing."

"You broke her, you fix her."

The Arrancar rolled his eyes. He left the chopsticks on the plate and took hold of one of her hands. She still was unfocused.

"Yoruichi-san?" Nothing. "Yoruichi-san..." Nope. "Yoruichi-san." Nada. "Yoruichi-san!" Still a no. Ichigo took a deep breath and focused on pressuring only the kitchen with his spirit. "Yoruichi-san."

She flinched. Then blinked. Looked around. Blushed at the kind hold on her hand and the soft smile the orange-haired was giving her.

"I'm sorry for shocking you, Kisuke would have taken forever to tell you."

The woman gaped again. "You were serious...?"

Ichigo just hummed, letting go of her hand and eating. Kisuke finished his plate and scratched his cheek.

"He told me some hours ago." There was a tint of pink on his right cheekbone.

Yoruichi suddenly started laughing. Ichigo blinked. Kisuke paled.