02 - Mating Season

Ookami wore his white jacket over the pants and the black gloves to hide the hole in his right hand. He sighed, scratching his nape in defeat. The timing really was annoying.

His second mating season had begun. It really did not have a period, like every year, because that happened only when one had found his mate. Ookami had not, thus his season was all over the place. But, this time, unlike the first... His body was seriously on heat. If the first had just pulled every near Hollow to him, this one was pushing him into the search of oblivion. He mentally thanked having such control and his mask, because the constant light blush wasn't going away... Though, it went well with his orange, spiky, short hair and his rich brown eyes.

He left his room with the mask on and closed the door. No need to lock it. No one dared to enter, especially after what he'd done to Grimmjow when he'd tried to.

He looked at the '0' and brushed a hand on the covered tattoo on his left biceps.

Gin was waiting in the corridor for him and they nodded to each other before walking slowly to the Throne Room. The table at one end of the wide space was to be used as a meeting place. They entered and Ookami didn't even look at the others, sitting at his seat, at the right of Aizen-sama. Tousen glared at him, as usual, but he ignored the dog. Gin stayed standing behind himself and the Master, between their seats.

He closed his eyes and focused on listening.

"We're all gathered. Ulquiorra, your report."

Uhm, Ulquiorra, the only one beside Starrk and Gin who knew how to be silent when needed. From what he knew, the Espada, as the numbered Arrancar were called, had been sent out on a mission in the Human world. No one beside Ookami was allowed to go there if not for a mission and without Aizen-sama's consent. He briefly asked himself if his Master was under the clear delusion of thinking of himself as a trustable asset. He only did what he wanted.

Ulquiorra stood and, without words, took off his eye. He destroyed it and the images flooded their minds. Some Humans, some fights, people killed... a dark-haired and dark-eyed Shinigami training with some other. But this girl... She seemed Human... Half-Shinigami. That surely had something to do with the plan, if Aizen-sama was interested in her.

"I'm impressed, Ulquiorra." Aizen-sama seemed pleased.

"Why didn't you kill them all, Yammy?!"

Ookami tuned down the argument and sighed imperceptibly. Grimmjow, someday, would have signed his own death.

  *-._.-*  

Truthfully, he didn't think the Espada was so stupid as to defy the Master's orders. When someone reported that he'd taken his Fracciòn, the ones that served him, to Karakura town without permission, Ookami was playing chess with Gin in the Throne Room while Aizen-sama observed from his seat. Just looking at Tousen made him understand that Grimmjow was going to be executed on a whim. So, he stood, bowed curtly, not too deeply, and looked at the Master.

"I'll go take them back, Aizen-sama."

He didn't wait for a nod, because the pleased smile said it all. Gin tagged along, though he didn't know why, and they passed through the Garganta exactly where the fight was happening. Grimmjow was about to strike the Human-Shinigami. Ookami just appeared at his back and the Espada couldn't do more than freeze because of the spirit pressure he pushed around. Even the girl whimpered and fell to her knees.

"Grimmjow, I don't recall Aizen-sama giving you permission to travel to the Human World." He saw the other tremble slightly. "Sheathe your sword and come with me. Your Fracciòn are already dead."