05 - Family

Ookami wasn't really surprised to see the remaining Shinigami Captains waiting for them in what seemed to be a fake town.

"Looks like... we made it in time." The older man said.

He inspired quite the respect. Ookami tuned out the conversation and assessed his surroundings in a bored manner. With their Fracciòn, Starrk, Harribel and Baraggan came through other Garganta's and the 0 Espada sat in mid-air, one leg over the other. His back sure was hurting and it didn't seem he was the one appointed to fight.

However, he moved just in time to evade a strange, hot technique that trapped Aizen-sama, Tousen and Gin. He snorted and crossed his arms, trying to understand if he could and should destroy such a barrier........

He didn't want to endanger his baby. And the 'Master' would have done something already if he had wanted to. He was not strong only in words. He sat again and watched the fights.

"... out, I'll be giving orders. You'd better not have a problem with that."

As one, the other Arrancar's turned to Ookami. He felt like sighing. He didn't like to talk to so many people and neither to order others around. And the Shinigami's were giving him all their attention, too.

"Baraggan." He called.

The Espada unwillingly turned to him. He was too prideful. Better not wound that pride too much.

"You may give orders as long as those align with Aizen-sama's desires. If I decide they do not, I'll dispose of you." Maybe he was not good at that kind of delicacy.

"Very well." Perhaps yes.

Well, the idea to attack the pillars that were maintaining the town in another place was good, but did he really think such locations would have been unprotected? He agreed with the old man there, he was a fool. He chuckled silently. Sending his four Fracciòn was already a better idea. Not enough, but better nonetheless. One pillar was destroyed, but the reversing of the transfer was stopped in time. All four Arrancar's died.

After a bit of a commotion, truly starting to become annoying, the real battles began. Ookami continued to watch in mild curiosity. Starrk was stealing him longing and envying glances. Between new arrivals in both the parties, the foes were doing quite well, he mused. It was strange how the old man was so powerful but did not meddle in the younger ones' business... It was as if he was there to watch over his children, intervening only to save them from falling. That made him smile.

The fire barrier got wiped out by Wonderweiss' pet and the three Shinigami's regained their freedom. Just as – as always – they seemed to have taken the upper hand, the Visored's came. Hirako seemed overly happy to see Aizen-sama. Tousen was even happier to direct his hate towards someone with the excuse of defending his Master, after they destroyed the pet's puke of Gillians. The giant, humanoid Fox stopped the killing spree of the blind Shinigami and the forces split to be of help. Though, from their conversations, the Visored's didn't exactly seem glad to be of help to Shinigami's.

When Baraggan died, Ookami stood and crossed his arms. The tides were turning around.

"Aizen-sama." He looked at him and nodded in a bow. "I request permission to not let Number one and Number three die pointlessly, if need arises."

The ex-Shinigami hummed, but was smiling. "If you find it necessary, do it." He approached the Espada and brushed a finger on his jaw. "Consider it my present. Your mating season is going to come soon, after all."

Ookami nodded. "Thank you, Aizen-sama."

The brown-haired returned to his previous spot. He watched Starrk's fight carefully, hand already on his sword's hilt. Rules, what a strange power. These Shinigami's were surely interesting. His own powers were different, he found them simple, but... Whatever, opinions were personal, after all.