Chapter 7

When I was allowed to go home I still couldn't go to school. Abby tried to contact me tons of times but I kept ignoring her, I didn't need any more stress in my life. Greg stayed home from school the first day I was home because dad was working and mom was really sick and needed to go to the hospital. "Where gonna go see mom." My dad walked into my room. "You have to come so they can check to make sure everything is ok with you." It was starting to get dark, and I was tired, I knew I was gonna wind up sleeping at the hospital, whether it was for my health or just because I wanted to see my mom and Flynn. Greg and my dad helped me out of bed and walked me to the car. My leg was still pretty busted up from the accident. I fell on it with all my weight. When we got to the hospital I walked slowly. Then when I was inside the hospital they put me in a wheel chair and pushed me into a room. They layed me down on the bed and looked at my leg to see if the swelling had gone down, then they hooked me up to some thingy mabobber. I had to stay in bed for about 2 hours and then I could get up and wheel chair around but I had to bring the thing I was hooked up to with me. I went to my mom’s room first, she was asleep but I felt like I should stay in there and pray. So I did. Then I went to Flynn's room. He was hooked up on tons of stuff. They told me what happened to him and there was a big list! He got a concision same as me but his was really bad and they don't think he'll remember much; he broke his arm, and sprained his ankle. I stood and their and watched all the machines and liquids going into him. I saw the bandages and casts covering his arms and legs. I saw the blood seeping through his bandage on his head. And I saw his eyes flicker open. A nurse walked past the door. "Excuse me. I think he just woke up!" I whispered. She came in and then called in another doctor. They took his blood pressure and a bunch of other things and gave him some water. Then they left and told me he doesn't remember anything. I wheeled over and looked at him. "Hi, I'm Flynn, what's your name?" He said. That broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I took a deep breath and then answered him. “HI Flynn, I'm Meredith." I shook his hand, but all I really wanted to do is hug him and kiss him. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again and his arms on my back. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair, but I can't do that anymore. “That’s a pretty name! Meredith. May I say that you are gorgeous Meredith?" I blushed. "Meredith? “You can call me Mere, if you want to." I said slowly fading out at the end. "Mere, why are you in a wheel chair?" He questioned me. I sighed "I'm in a wheelchair because I hurt my leg." He pouted. I laughed "How did you hurt it." I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to confuse him. He had just woken up since the day the accident happened.  I moved a little closer to him. "Flynn, do you remember anything?" He furrowed his eyebrows and thought very hard. "I remember seeing lights coming towards me, I remember my family, and a girl." He stopped and studied my face. "She looks like you. I can't remember her name. I remember that we kissed and her lips tasted like strawberries, and I love her." All was silent. I knew he was talking about me, but he didn't. He didn't know I was the girl. It broke my heart. He loves me, but he doesn't know who I am anymore. A tear dripped down my cheek. I wiped it away. "I have to go." I said and wheeled into the hallway. As soon as I got out of his room I sobbed and sobbed. I don't remember going back to my room or falling asleep, but when I woke up I was back in my bed. I saw two people with blond hair in my bedroom. They were whisper shouting at each other. Then one of them turned to me. "Hi mere, how're you feeling?" It was Greg. He sat on my bed. Then Abby walked towards me. And sat next to Greg. She placed her hand on his shoulder. He pushed it off and moved away from her. "Why are you here?" I asked Abby. She smiled softly. "Cus you're my best friend." I grinded my teeth. Then I yelled "NO FLYNN IS! AND BECAUSE OF YOU HE DOESN'T REMEMBER ME! I HATE YOU! STAY OUT OF MY LIFE ABIGAIL!" I threw a pillow at her face and then put another one over my face. "Meredith!" I heard her shrieked. GOSH SHE WAS SO ANNOYING! I threw the other pillow at her and then I sat up. She walked towards me. "You are a jerk!" She said slamming her hands on my bed. "I AM NOT A JERK! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW UNBELIEVABLY STUPID AND TERRIBLE MY LIFE IS! MY MOM HAS CANCER, MY DAD IS NEVER HOME, MY BEST FRIEND DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER ME. MY FRIEND IS DATING MY BROTHER BEHIND MY BACK! MY OTHER FRIEND IS DATING MY EX, AND I AM ALWAYS IN THE HOSPITAL! I AM NOT A JERK! I HAVE A HARD ENOUGH LIFE AS IT IS! AND I DEFIANTLY DO NOT NEED YOU IN IT!" I screamed in her face. She picked up her hands and slammed the door behind her. And that was the last time I ever talked to Abigail.