Chapter 1

So I live in a house. It's, big, I guess, everyone says it is but I guess since I've lived in it since I was born I don't really notice. Scratch that, I live in a castle. It is a cream castle with burgundy roves. No it doesn't have a draw bridge going over a river with alligators in it! No it doesn't look anything like a haunted witch house, or a princess castle, and no I'm not royalty. I honestly don't know why I live in a castle. But here's what I do know. My father was kicked out of his own home, he was only 18. If they kicked him out before that they would be arrested. Anyways he was wandering for a long while. Then he saw a point of a building over a hill. When he made it to the top of the hill he noticed he had discovered a castle. Since we live in Ireland there are alot of castles. It just so happens that this one wasn't too rundown. A few rooms had damage but nothing that couldn't be fixed. So he got to work. After 4 years of work to make the castle look amazing he set out to find a job, he was near a small town that had plenty of stores. "Hi, can I help you?" A woman spoke to him in a very light Irish accent."Yes, I'm looking for a job." My father responded politely. He never really cared what people thought of him. All he knew is that he wanted to live his life to the fullest. His brown hair was swept up in a quaff and his green eyes were dazzling. "Lucky for you, we're hiring!" The girl smirked and looked into his eyes. Her blonde hair reaching right below her breasts. Her blue eyes looked at him and at a paper then back at him. "You just need to fill out this paper." She said moving the paper closer to him and handing him a pen.  He wrote down all the information needed. Once he was done she glanced down at the paper and gasped. "Is everythin alright?" My father spoke softly. "You live in the castle!" She said staring a hole into his heart. "Y-Yes. Would you like to see it?" Then he brought her to the castle and they fell in love blah blah blah had me and my brother blah blah blah and here we r today.

Now back to muah! I am 15 and my name is Meredith "MEREDITH DINNER IS READY!" My mother, Maeve's voice yelled from the stairs. "ALRIGHT!" I yelled from my bed. I slipped on my slippers and bounded down the stairs. My burgundy jeans matched the bow in my hair and my cream sweater matched my slippers, I honestly don't care what I look like or what people think of me, I get it from my dad, but yah no it's comfy so whatever. I slipped on the last step and hit my head on the floor. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen. I fall a lot, I'm kinda clumsy. After stumbling a few more times I found my way to the kitchen. "What's for dinner?" I said plopping down in my chair. "Chicken!" My mother said wiping her hands on her apron. My mom was so carefree and silly, honestly sometimes she felt like a sister. She's pretty young, she had me when she was 27 and Gregory, my brother, when she was 26. So she's only 42. I mean shes not 35 but she looks amazing! She doesn't have to colour her hair, she has no wrinkles, and no bags. She has an amazing figure, if you saw her you would think she is at least 29! Her blue eyes still twinkle whenever she sees my father. Speak of the devil. "Ahh! My two favourite girls!" My father said picking me up and spinning me around. Then he kissed my mother. "We'll you're in a good mood today mister!" My mother said pushing him away to get back to cooking. "Sit down Mere, and Tate: go get Greg." She said pointing at my father. He turned and screamed at the top of his lungs "GREGORY DINNER IS READY GET YOUR BUTTOX DOWN HERE!" I giggled. "IM COMING!" He screamed back. I heard a bang and a scream, then Greg slid into the room. "Since when do we have a cat?" He stated hopping to his feet. "Greg, we've had a cat for 2 years now!" I giggle again. I scooped a spoonful of mashed potatoes onto my plate and put my chicken next to it. I flipped my long brown hair behind my shoulder. My blue eyes were like my mother and my hair like my father. Greg was the opposite of me. He had blonde hair like our mother and green eyes like our father. He copied me and flipped his imaginary hair behind his shoulder. I stuck my tongue out at him and he copied again. Then the phone rang "MOM THE PHONE IS RINGING!" Greg screamed. "GREG I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!" My mother screamed back. I laughed pretty hard and everyone else joined in. My mother stood up and walked to the phone and picked it up. "Hello?" She spoke in her Irish accent. My mother was from and Irish family but she was born in America and then she went to Ireland for college and never moved back to America so she hasn't got such a heavy accent as the rest of us. It has gotten pretty strong since the videos that my father showed me when they were dating. "Yes I understand, ok thank you!" My mother hung up the phone and buried her face in her hands and sobbed. "Maeve!" My father spoke running to my mother. The exchanged whispers and then he kissed her And she walked upstairs. I heard sobbs slip from her lips.

"Dad?" Greg said looking over his shoulder. "Finish your dinners and get to bed, we'll talk in the morning." My father spoke with a long face. He kissed our heads and headed upstairs. I heard their bedroom door open a few cries and some whispers, then the door closed. Both of us finished around the same time. We cleaned the table and said good night. I walked as quietly as I could to my room. I heard my mother. She was screaming and crying. I heard a bang and then another bang. My dad called her name. Then I heard more cries. I heard him making his way to the door so I sprinted down the hallway. I wasn't even close to my room. "Meredith will you get Greg, were going to the hospital." I didn't question anything. I just sprinted down the long hallways until I found Greg's door. I knocked. "Go away!" He shouted. "GREG! OPEN THE DOOR!" I yelled through the door. "Make me!" "Greg! Moms hurt! We're going to the hospital! Open the door!" The door immediately swung open. He grabbed my hand and we ran to the kitchen. Our mother and father were sitting at the counter. Mother was still sobbing. She changed outfits into something more comfortable. A bandage wrapped around her hand and blood seeped through. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and whispered to her. "Everything gunna be ok mommy!" I assure her. "I love you!" She didn't answer. She just nodded. My father shooshed us away. We went to the car. I heard alot of screams and 3 more bangs. Then our parents came out. My mother looked terrible but my father was trying not to cry. I hate seeing my mother like this. I put my head on Greg's shoulder. "Mere." He whispered into my hair. "Hmm?" "What's going on?""I have no idea." I said taking his hand in mine. When we pulled into the parking lot of the hospital my father parked the car and took my mothers hand. They walked quickly to the entrance leaving us behind. We trailed behind and stayed silent. When we made it into the hospital our parents were gone. I got a text.

From-dad

“We're in a room, stay in the waiting area. We left 20$ with the person at the front desk.” I sighed and a tear dropped onto my pants. I sniffled. "It's alright Mere." Greg assured me hugging me tight. I walked up to the front desk and asked for the 20$ and we went and got a snack from the vending machine. About an hour later our dad walked into the waiting room and plopped himself next to us. "Dad?" I spoke. He lifted his head and looked at me, then at Greg, then back at me. "Your mother has, cancer!" My dad sobbed into his hands. "We called mrs. Winthrop, she's coming to pick you up. I'm going to stay the night with mom. We'll see you when you get home from school." My dad said standing and wiping his eyes."Can we see her?"