Chapter 6

"I'm making dinner so come down in 10." She closed the door. I started doing my homework. About 15 minuets later I finished and headed downstairs. I walked into the doorway to the kitchen and saw my father slap Greg across the face. My mother yelled at Greg. I couldn't make out every word but I heard sister, Abigail, feel, and best friends. I imagined they found out about Greg and Abby. I walked in slowly. My mother saw me and walked to me. "Mere grab your dish and eat in your bedroom, we need to talk to Gregory alone. Ill talk to you later!" I grabbed my dinner and headed back upstairs. I didn't bother trying to listen to the conversation. I finished my dinner and started reading The Hunger games. I have read it about 10 times already but I had no other good books. I didn't read much so what was the point of having books. I just wait for the movie, if there's no movie then it's not good. Simple as that!  

I was lying on my bed and I heard a knock at my door. “Come it!" I said putting down my book. “Meredith, we need to talk." My mom came into the room and sat at the edge of my bed. "About Abigail." "Mom I don't wanna talk about it!" "Well that's too bad cus we're talking about it. Have you talked to her?" "Nope!" "Well she is on her way over so you will talk to her!" I couldn't believe her! She invited over the biggest jerk ever! Right next to Moe and Colin. “MOM! You can invite her over but you can't make me talk to her!" "I'm your mother! I can do anything." She walked out of my room and slammed the door. I pulled a pillow over my face and screamed into it.

I did a bit of homework then heard a knock at my door. "Come in." The door opened and Abby walked in. I looked up and dropped my pen on my bed. "Hi." She spoke quietly not moving from her position. I didn't respond. I didn't need to talk to her. I'm not wasting my breath on her. "I'm sorry Mere. I have been a jerk lately and I realized that I would give up anything for you. I would give up the person I love just to talk to you again! I love you Mere! You're like my sister! I'm so sorry!" Looked up at her and saw tears brimming in her green eyes. Her head dropped down so her chin was touching her chest. I watched tears roll down her cheeks. I stood up and walked towards her. I stood in front of her and watched her head lift up slowly. She looked at me with her hazy green eyes. A little red. I could tell she was crying before this. "Where you crying before this?" She sighed. "I've screwed up Mere. I screwed up so bad!" More tears brimmed in her eyes. I kinda felt bad for her. She took a deep breath and continued to talk. "I lost the person I really care about! That's you Mere! I broke up with Greg! I knew I had to! I love him, but I would lose him 1000 times if it means getting you back!" I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. "I love you!" I said. We really were like family. We walked over to my bed and talked about things. I told her about how Flynn and I kissed and Connor and mine break up. Then I remembered when Colin walked in with them at the Starbucks. “What’s up with you and Colin?" She became very nervous. "Abby?" "Nothing!" She spoke quickly. "Abigail! Tell me!" She sighed "He wants me to take him back. If I don't or I turn him in he will hurt me. I don't have a choice."

The next day at school I saw a new girl with jet black hair. I had slight curls in it. I knew she was new. The school wasn't huge so I could tell. His locker was only a few down from me. "Hi!" I said. She turned quickly. Blair! "Hi Meredith." She was so nice! I always wanted to be friends with her but Abby hates her for dating Colin. She didn't even know that he was using her to cheat on Abby. If she did she never would've dated him. She never meant to hurt her. "Blair? What are you doing here?" I saw a tear roll down her cheek. "Can we talk later? We can meet at Starbucks." She wiped away the tear. "Sure." She waved and walked away. I saw Flynn down the hall and jumped on his back. He had a mini spasm and screamed. I doubled over laughing. He laughed along and punched me in the arm. I saw Connor walking down the hall. Apparently so did Flynn. I saw him tighten. His hand snaked around my waist protectively and held me close to him. He walked by and shouldered me. I fell to the ground. Flynn helped me up and walked after Connor. "Flynn stop!" I chased after him. He turned around. His bright blue eyes were much darker. They were dull. I staggered back scared by him. "Meredith! Go away!" He turned and walked up to Connor. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT!" He yelled pushing him back. "Get away from me you little dick!" Connor pushed him back. Flynn punched him in the jaw. Connor staggered back. "FLYNN STOP!" I chased after him. He spun around and punched me in the face. "MERE! o my god mere I'm so sorry!" I brought my hand up to my nose and felt wetness. I looked at my hand and saw blood. "Get away you dick!" I ran down the halls to the bathroom. I grabbed Abby's hand on the way. She helped me stop the bleeding. My lip had a little cut and it was slightly swollen. I covered it up with lip gloss. Thank god I wore a black shirt to cover up the blood stains. I walked out with Abby and saw Flynn standing in the principal’s office with Connor. I couldn't hear what they were saying because the door was closed. I saw Flynn push Connor and Connor walked up to him. Mr. Donovan broke them up. I sighed and walked to lunch.