Prologue

"And the winner is... Kiara and her Raichu!" A reporter said while being recorder. Millions of people were sure to be watching that exact moment from all over the world.

Nobody moved until a few seconds later, clapping could be heard from all over the stadium. Lots of people were filled with joy! All, except- for... Ash, Brock, Max and Pikachu.

Still standing in the stage in her current, frozen position, a brunette clenched her hands into hard fists as tears rolled down her cheeks. No, these weren't tears of joy. They were tears of saddness, frustration, and pure disappointment. Just a day before, she had practiced really hard and thought she could really win. Unfortunately, it wasn't like that. She was really disappointed in herself and just wanted to be locked up in a room and never come out of it. The brunette wiped her tears away as she saw her appotnent approaching her.

"Hi there, that was an splendid battle! Good luck on you're future contests and I hope we have a rematch soon." The red headed girl said with a bright smile. Her Raichu following close behind.

The brunette managed to put up a weak smile on her face. "I-I hope so too... t-thanks." She responded rather quietly. Usually she can be very loud but at a moment like this!? Who can blame her?

The brunette thought the red headed girl was about to leave after saying that, but boy was she wrong. The red headed girl, still smiling brightly at her, streched out her hand in front of her. The brunette girl stared at it rather confused.

"I just want to let you know that... nobody's perfect. We all have our ups and downs sometimes. I may have beat you this time, but you can't always predict who will win next time. We become stronger by believing in our Pokémon. I know you already do, so there's no need to worry. You will achieve your dream by not giving up. So, friends?" The red headed girl said with her hand still streched out.

The brunette looked at her in the eye. Several cameras were pointed at their faces which meant this very moment was already being watched by millions of people. The brunette didn't know what to do. She needed time to think. Time for herself.

"I-I'm sorry... But this isn't the right time to be making friends. I-I need sometime for myself... I'm sorry." And with that, the brunette stepped out of the stage and sprinted out of the stadium, her Pokémon following closely behind.

The people watched her leave, all shocked, trying to process what had happened. The red headed girl looked down feeling sorry for the poor girl. She wanted to go after her but she didn't even know were she went...

Ash and the rest had also ran out right after the brunette did but couldn't find her anywhere. This didn't mean they were giving up though, they kept looking.

-

Meanwhile, In another place, a grass headed boy was staring at the TV rather shocked. He had just watched his rival, and crush lose in the contest. He was aware millions of people saw it as well and couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Luckily, he was in a town not too far from where the contest was hosted.

He packed a few bags, his Pokémon, and headed off to find his long love. He wanted to comfort her, make her feel better, speak lovely words to her ear, give her a warm hug, kiss her, give her millions of roses, but most of all... He wanted to say,

...I Love You ♥