XXXVIII

" Thank you," I say to the maid who sets down my dinner in front of me

" Chicken again?" Griffin frowns but starts stuffing his face. I look over to my left and realize Harper isn't at dinner. My mind goes right to him and June. I shake my head. Maybe he's just had dinner taken to his room. But boy was I wrong.

I look over at America to see she hasn't even touched her meal. She has a set of papers in front of her and a pen in hand actively writing. As if she was in her office, and not at dinner. I smile and go back to my dinner. Dinner was overall pretty quiet until the dining room door is slammed open. I look up and see two guards. One guard dragging Harper forcefully, and another dragging June. But not even close to as forcefully as Harper.

" Your Highness, we were making our rounds around the garden when we found Sir Harper and Lady June in each others arms," He says kicking Harper shin sending him to the ground. The other guard lightly pushes June to the ground. June hits the ground and starts sobbing

" Why don't they take it easy on them," Griffin glares at the guards.

Watching this breaks my heart. I want to jump out of my chair and stop all this.

" Is this true Sir Jackson," King Clarkson yells. He looks down at the ground gritting his teeth.

" Yes," He hisses.

King Clarkson laughs, " You fools. Guards take them the cells. Well deal with them in the morning." The guard kicks Harper and grabs him by the neck dragging him out of the dining room.

" Why isn't he fighting back?" Griffin asks in horror.

" He'd get in even more trouble," I whisper. But what gets me even angrier is the guard who brought June into the dining room grabbing her by the hair. Causing her the scream at the top of he lungs, and forcefully drag her out.

" I hope you gentlemen learned something tonight. That will be the last time you ever see Harper Randall Jackson alive," King Clarkson slams his head on the table and begins walking out.

" Dad!" America launches from her seat.

" I don't want to hear it America!" He yells walking away, but America still follows him.

" What about London's sister? Is she going to be okay?" Griffin begins to freak out.

" What about Harper?" Tyler says upset.

" Even though he can be so mean. I never wanted him dead," Griffin grips his chairs. The rest of the selected talk about ways they can stop this. But I'm left with my own thoughts. Could I have stopped this? Is this my fault?

***

" Maxon you better get ready for bed," Jo says with tears in her eyes.

" Jo, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight," I say staring at the wall. She nods, and wipes her eyes.