XIII

" I bet you did,"I joke

" I bet you did,"I joke. America just rolls her eyes, and we continue walking in the garden all throughout the night. And found how America came to find out about Halloween. We end up walking out into a darker part of the garden where there is a small foundation with a few birds drinking the water. America walks over to a foundation and leans on it. I follow her like a lost puppy. Leaning on the foundation right next to her, while leaving some space next to us.

" I was in the library one day like I always am. And came across the journal. They talked about a night where people dress up on October 31. It's a night of fun and where people get spooked, but it's all in good fun. There's so much more in the journals. As I read on they gave information about the old America. Something my father is trying to erase," America shrugs and looks up.

" Does your Father know how you found out about Halloween?" I ask curiously

America tenses up right away when I saw Father " Of course not,"

" So, how did tell him about Halloween?" I ask.

" Someone's curious," America teases "I just told him, and he didn't seem to care much," 

" What if he knows about the journals, America,"  I throw out.

America closes her eyes and breathes through her nose and out, then open's her eyes " I doubt it, Maxon. He is too busy trying to make the country " better" America does quotients with her hands at better.

" What do you mean by better?"

" I just think he could do things differently"

" Like?" I ask

" You're not going to stop asking, till you get an answer?" America raises an eyebrow. I keep it simple by just nodding. " I would get rid of the caste system," America says not with hesitation.

My eyes widen " You mean-"

" Yes, no one should have a number to show what they're worth" America looks over to me. Without thinking I lean to kiss her, but I feel a sharp pain in my lower body. I let out a yell, and clutch myself Did she-? She didn't? She kneed me. " What was that for?" I say through the pain.

" If you ever lay a finger on me, I'll do worse!" She promises. Worse than kneeing me?!

" What?"

" I said if you-" She's about to repeat what she said, but I cut her off

" No, no you crazy girl. I heard you the first time" I cringe at the pain while talking. " But what in the world do you mean by it?" I look up and I see her face drop. I realized at the moment what she meant. " In public? You thought...for heaven's sake. I'm a gentleman!" I very slow walk back to my room and up the stairs. When I finally get to my bed and lay down. Still feeling a very sharp pain in my lower body. I hear someone know on the door. " Come it"

" Max- are you ok?" June comes peeking through the door

" I-ice"

June nods and grabs ice." Yes, sir. What happen?" June asks while Jo comes strolling in.