8

IT was after a few weeks since they started going out. Naging smooth sailing naman ang mga nakaraang linggo para sa kanila. Rohann would surprise her every now and then. From flowers to chocolates to teddy bears and concert tickets as well. They watched the Maroon 5 concert last week and it was a blast. She was really having fun with him.

Nang minsang tumawag ang daddy niya at ipinaalala ang tungkol sa engagement, she told him that she's inlove with somebody else and she cannot marry the man they're telling him. Her father didn't say anything. Hindi naman siya nito mapipigilan dahil sarili niyang desisyon iyon. Marunong namang rumespeto ng desisyon ang daddy niya. Nagpaplano na siyang ipakilala si Rohann sa mga magulang pero hindi yata ito matutuloy dahil nakatakdang pumunta ang mga magulang niya sa Greece for a business meeting and a short vacation as well.

So they decided to have dinner at her Aunt Roxz' restaurant inside the village instead. Dahil pawang mga prominenteng tao naman ang nakatira sa loob ng village ay hindi sila nangamba sa seguridad.

It was karaoke night at the restaurant at nakaset up doon ang isang make shift stage. May banda ring tumutugtog doon, ang banda ng mga tita niya.

They were singing How Deep is your Love so beautifully. Nadadala siya sa boses ng mga ito kaya naman minsan ay napapatulala siya sa kanta.

"I'm singing a song or two later."

Nagulat siya dahil nagsalita si Rohann. Singing? "You know how to sing?"

Nahihiyang nginitian siya nito. "Hindi siguro halata 'no? I'm known for acting at hindi talaga ako pumapayag na kumanta kapag may mall shows or tv guestings kami. Ayoko lang. But I know how to sing. I was a band member when I was in highschool."

She felt her jaws drop for a moment. This guy is talented, "Wow. What will you sing later?"

"You'll see." He winked at her and stood up. He walked towards the make-shift stage and talked to her aunts. They were all smiles talking with each other and went to their places. Rohann now stood up in front of everybody, holding the mic with his left hand.

"Hey, everybody!" Napatingin ang lahat ng customers sa kanya. "Pinayagan akong kumanta ng dalawa ngayong gabi. Please, do not leave the room afterwards. I want you guys to witness something," his gaze went up to her and winked "something really special. This is for you."

Then she heard the beat. It's crazy little thing called love! That was her favorite song. The crowd was singing with him. She was getting along as well. Hindi niya mapigilang mapangiti sa mga funny antics ng binata.

Natapos ang kanta at medyo umayos naman ito ng tayo. Umalis ang mga tita niya sa make shift stage at naiwan ang binata doon kasama ang isang lalaking may hawak na gitara. She sliced a piece of her mango cheesecake, na pareho nilang paborito ni Rohann, at saka nilagay ito sa saucer.

Handa na sana siyang sumubo nang biglang magsalita si Rohann.

"I started courting a girl almost three weeks ago. She's the most amazing girl I've ever met. She's funny, she's sweet, she's making my heart beat fast whenever I see her. Every time I see her, I tell myself, 'I'll marry that girl someday,'" narinig niya ang mga impit na tilian sa loob ng restaurant. What are you doing, Rohann?! "And I know, in time, that'll happen. I know that she's the one. So, Louise, this song is for you."

He started strumming the guitar and she heard his voice once again.

"I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy. I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need. I'll love you more with every breath, truly, madly, deeply do." Hindi nito inihihiwalay ang tingin sa kanya. She was sure she can see love in his eyes.

"I will be strong, I will be faithful 'cause I'm counting on. A new beginnin', a reason for livin', a deeper meanin' yeah.."

"I wanna stand with you on a mountain, I wanna bathe with you in the sea. I wanna lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me."

He was strumming the guitar so gracefully and she can't help but smile. And yes, her heart surrenders as well.

"And when my stars are shinin' brightly in the velvet sky, I'll make a wish to send it to Heaven then make you want to cry. The tears of joy for all the pleasure in the certainty, that we're surrounded by the comfort and protection of the highest powers, in lonely hours, the tears devour you."

She was then surrounded by her cousins, na pawang mga kinikilig sa ginagawa ni Rohann para sa kanya. Tinutulak siya ng mga ito papunta sa make shift stage.

"And I wanna stand with you on a mountain, I wanna bathe with you in the sea. I wanna lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.."

She heard her cousins gasp. Dumating naman sina Regine and Nessie na parehong may hawak na bouquet of peonies.

"Pumunta ka na dun!" Ani Regine habang bahagyang tinutulak siya.

"Oh can't you see it, baby? You don't have to close your eyes, 'cause it's standin' right before you. All that you need will surely come.."

Naglakad na siya papunta sa make shift stage at nilapitan ang binata. Nang makalapit ay hinawakan nito ang mga kamay niya and gently kissed her knuckles. Patuloy pa rin itong kumakanta dahil iniwan na niyang naggigitara ang isang lalaki sa may bandang likuran.

"I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy. I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need. I'll love you more with every breath, truly, madly, deeply do.."

Nalulunod ang puso niya sa mga ginagawa ng binata. It was too much, too much not to love him.

"I wanna stand with you on a mountain, I wanna bathe with you in the sea. I wanna lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.."

"And I wanna stand with you on a mountain, I wanna bathe with you in the sea. Well I wanna lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.."

The crowd was high and cheering them up. Nakarinig siya ng masigabong palakpakan nang matapos kumanta ang binata. Her heart was beating so fast, it might explode any second. Nakita niyang papalapit sina Regine at Nessie para iabot ang mga bulaklak kay Rohann. And then he handed the bouquet of peonies to her, his smile was so cute that her heart's melting.

Nakita niya itong lumuhod. "Louise Fontanilla, I really like you a lot. And I would like to explore more things with you, do more crazy things with you. Take a chance on me."

Kung pwede lang siyang kainin ng lupa ay nahiling na niya. Nakakahiya! But it was sweet! Naiiyak siya sa sobrang tuwa. Oh my god! Parang proposal!

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

Naghiyawan ang mga tao sa loob ng restaurant, cheering them up. Hindi pa rin tumitigil ang mga luha niya sa pagpatak, but she was crying of happiness.

"Hey, say something.." untag nito sa kanya.

"Yes," she said in her lowest tone. Wala na halos lumalabas sa bibig niya.

"What?"

"Ang bingi mo naman, Rohann. Sabi ko, 'yes!' Kainis to. Panira ng momentum." Sabi niya habang natatawang naiiyak.

Nagulat siya nang bigla itong tumayo at yakapin siya. Mahigpit ang pagkakayakap sa kanya ni Rohann as if she's his lifeline.

"Thank you," he was showering kisses on her face. "You've made me the happiest man on earth today."

He cupped her face and gave her the sweetest kiss she can ever imagine.

"I love you, babe."

"I love you too, Rohann."