5. Math

Percy's POV (GH)

For our next period, I had to leave Annabeth. I had regular math, and she had accelerated. When I walked into the classroom, I saw Athena writing her name on the whiteboard. Styx! Athena LOATHES me. Oh no. I saw the greek demigods giving me pitiful glances. I waved them off and went to sit in the back of the room like I normally did.

"Hello everyone! I am Professor Athena. In my classroom, I will not tolerate ANY rule breaking, fighting, or slackers" At that last part, Athena turned her gaze onto me. Looking into her eyes, I saw something there that scared me. Athena was going to put me through the torture of Pre-Calculus. (I know nothing of this subject so bear with me).

Honestly, I zoned out as soon as Athena started talking. Eventually, I was jolted back to reality, with a sharp jab in the ribs from Nico. He gestured to Athena when I looked at him. Looking at Athena with a questioning look. She just sighed and repeated the question. "What is the value for x in the equation on the board?" (Question: |x^2 − 1| = 3 Can anyone solve it?)

I looked at her blankly, "Um, x equals five?"

Athena sighed again "No" She then proceeded to solve the equation on the board.

(Solution: 
|x^2 − 1| = 3 -------> Original equation
 x^2 - 1   = 3 -----------> Remove the line things
         +1   = +1 -----------> Add 1 to both sides
x^2          = 4 --------------> Result of previous step
x               = √4 ----------> Take the square root of both sides
x               = 2 or -2 ------------> 2 answers because basic multiplication rules)

Looking at her with a confused expression, Athena just sighed and moved on.

After class FINALLY ended, I was reunited with Annabeth as we headed to our second period, technology with Hephaestus. This will be fun...

Word Count: 315

A/N: I'm SOOOOOO sorry for not updating, and I am sorry that it is so short, I have had writer's block, and I am working on another story. It is an original story written by me and a friend, so it would be great if you could check it out! You might find that the characters from that story might just somehow end up here...

Thanks for reading!

~Niza