Chapter 19

"We need to get Niall."

"But Selin said no."

"But Selin isn't the boss of us."

"I think you'll find she is actually."

Zayn, Liam and Harry sat in a conference style room at the back of the warehouse as they waited for Louis to recover. They were discussing the Niall situation. Liam had bandages wrapped around his fists. Zayn's arm was in a sling. Harry had grazes across his face. Despite looking a mess and feeling quite rough, their determination was still high.

"We can't leave him. God knows what they're doing..." Zayn added, getting frustrated.

They sat in silence as they thought over what they could do. The movement wasn't going to help them anymore. Selin had made that very clear. How could they do that though? They couldn't send them on a mission and when it went wrong just leave them hanging... or could they?

"Louis won't be able to fight with us." Liam said. The others silently agreed. Louis was not in a state to fight. Not after what happened.

Suddenly Harry jumped up from his chair. Zayn and Liam quickly looked up.

"Jos." Liam and Zayn just looked, confused.

"We get Jos. From school." Realisation spread across Liam and Zayn's face.

"She's telepathic too. If we work together I'm pretty sure we can bring down more people. I remember reading back in high school that if two telepathic beings fight against one person, they have the ability to paralyse them."

"Would she help us though?" Zayn asked worriedly.

"She'll have to." Liam expressed angrily.

"Do you have her number?" Zayn asked. Harry looked at his watch. 6.30am. They were tired and hungry but had more important business.

"I don't have her number, but I know where she lives in London. Don't think it's too early for a reunion, do you?"

"Oh my god. Harry Styles?" Jos stood in the doorway to her flat in a dressing gown over pyjamas. It was 7.30am on a Saturday morning and a knock at the door had obviously woken her up.

"Zayn, Liam! You guys, it's so nice to see you but," Jos paused she took a wide yawn, "you do realise it's 7.30am right? Plus, why do you look so rough?" To Jos it seemed as if the boys had been in a fight last night, and she wasn't wrong.

"Can we come in?" Harry asked. He was trying to hide how agitated he was. He couldn't stop thinking about Niall and what they were doing to him...

"Well, I guess..." Jos replied and the three followed her in.

"Can I get you lads a cup of tea? Actually, why are you here so early?" Jos asked but her questions were ignored.

"We need your help Jos." Liam said. Jos had a confused expression. Harry took a loud sigh before diving straight into explaining.

"We were a part of a mission to take down a group called 'The Powerful'. It went wrong and now they've got Niall and we need your help to get him back."

"Niall. Niall Horan?" Jos asked.

"That's the one." Zayn replied.

"So wait... telepathy. That's what you need me for, isn't it." Harry nodded. Jos pursed her lips and suddenly. the look of concern changed to one of pain.

"I... I don't do that anymore Harry."

"What do you mean?"

"I just don't do it!" Jos shouted. Harry took a step back.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout. I just..." Jos sat down at the table and stared up at the three men in her kitchen. It was 7.30am and she was already having flashbacks on regrets she had in life.

Harry sat opposite Jos and placed his hand on top of hers. It took her by surprise but she didn't move.

"Why don't you do it anymore Jos?" Jos looked at Harry for a long time before sighing.

"I did something bad. Really really bad. It was a selfish move and it only ended badly. I swore I'd never use telepathy again."

"Do you mind me asking what you did?" Liam asked warily.

"It was so stupid. I... I was sat at a red light in my car and I could see no cars coming. I was getting frustrated, I was late for work, and there was a car in front of me. So I used my power to make him drive forward so I could go. Thing is he ended up driving straight into an oncoming car... and, he died..." Jos choked on the last words and closed her eyes as she rested her head on the table. Harry looked up to Liam and Zayn who just lightly shrugged and gestured to him to comfort her and encourage her to join while they awkwardly stood.

"Jos, I'm so sorry that happened. But you don't understand how much we need you."

Jos sat up and wiped her eyes. She waited for Harry to continue.

"Niall is in so much trouble. He's our best friend and I can't leave him. I did something bad Jos. I let my best friend get taken away and I'm so scared of what's happening to him. I'm going through hell and he's probably going through worse. We can't get him back without you." Jos stared, biting her lip as she thought things over.

"For gods sake Jos, we need you." Liam spat out impatiently.

Jos looked round at the pleading eyes staring at her, desperate for her to say yes. She gave in.

"I'll do it. So what are we doing?"