Chapter 11

** AUTHOR'S NOTE **

1.3k reads! This is an amazing response, thank you so much! I'm so happy you're enjoying this aha! :D

I hope I can continue to update, my exams are extremely close now and I know there's a few of you who can't wait for me to update! I have a HUGE plot in mind, and I'm so excited to write it!

Thank you for your support and your reads, it means so much to me. Happy reading!

~ Francesca (flowercrownliam) x

It was 1am. A low noise of light breathing hung in dorm room 3 as the boys slept... apart from Harry. He was laying on his bed, thinking about what had happened earlier.

Harry had never experienced such a strong hold on someone before when reading their minds. He couldn't describe the mindless grip that Louis had on him. He suddenly remembered the book he'd been given in class on telepathy.

Trying to avoid the bed springs from creaking, Harry slowly reached under the bed and felt his hand on a dusty book. It was on telekinetic powers; Louis' book that he had thrown under Harry's bed. Harry smiled to himself before throwing the book back under and finding another book, this time on telepathy. Harry flicked through the chapters, trying to find the one that explained feelings during mind reading. He then found a page and began to read.

"When mind reading another person, you may experience a feeling equal to being high. This is perfectly normal and disappears after mind reading your subject. When mind reading an animal your mind becomes jumbled and these thoughts are much harder to read. The more experienced you become with your power, the easier it becomes to read an animal's mind. This feeling changes though when mind reading a person who has feelings towards you. The body becomes out of breathe and the mind finds it hard to let go. Often occurrences after mind reading a subject which has feelings towards you include fainting, falling and vomiting. The reasoning behind this is because the subject's mind feels a strong bond between your own mind which creates the feeling you get when mind reading. Turn to page 102 for more on how to control these feelings."

Harry put the book down, confused and admittedly a little shocked. The feelings it described were exactly what Harry had experienced. Okay, not the fainting or vomiting but defiantly the out of breathe and falling. Harry's mind raced. Did this mean Louis had... feelings towards Harry? Harry laughed at himself. He had felt a small click with Louis, but Louis wasn't gay... or was he? Harry hadn't told the boys or admitted anything to himself yet; what if Louis was in the same position as Harry and simply didn't know? What if Louis did actually have feelings towards Harry?

Harry tried to sleep that night but all he could think of was Louis. He fell asleep for an hour but then woke again, having dreamt about Louis. Harry thought he'd get up for a drink otherwise he'd go crazy, if he wasn't already.

Quietly Harry crept down the hallways of the school. Students weren't allowed out of dorm rooms past curfew, and 3am was most defiantly past curfew. It was dark in the hallways but Harry walked slowly, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness. Suddenly Harry bumped into something and he suppressed a squeal. But Harry had bumped not into a something, but a someone.

"I'm sorry!" Harry whispered, trying to find who he had bumped into. Soon enough he saw it was the only other student in the whole school with telepathy powers: Jos.

"Harry? What are you doing?" Jos asked. Her hair was frizzy where it had been messed about in bed. She wore plaid pyjama bottoms and a baggy T-shirt with Pink Floyd on. Not bad, Harry thought to himself.

"I'm getting a drink of water, what about you?" Harry asked, puzzled to why another student had decided to go out of their dorm room at the exact same time.

"I... I can't sleep. Look, come with me before we get caught." Jos gently grabbed Harry's wrist and led him down the big flight of stairs. She led him down the large hallways. Harry's bare feet were cold on the cool tiled floors of the school. Soon they came to the library and silently went in.

Harry went to the water fountain in the corner before going back over to Jos who was now sat on one of the sofas.

"Do you come here often?" Harry asked, thinking about how she had quickly decided to come here. Jos sighed.

"I find it hard to sleep. My mind races with my own thoughts and thoughts of other people... sometimes I just come here and read till 5am, then try and sleep for another couple of hours before I have to get up."

"Wow." Harry whispered, not knowing how to reply. Jos tilted her head, staring at Harry.

"What?" Harry said, confused at Jos' look. She laughed.

"Your hair never changes style does it. Your bed hair looks the same as your hair always is."

"Hey!" Harry shouted back, a little hurt, "Are you saying I always have bed hair?" He was smiling, walking closer to Jos. He wore plain grey baggy jogging bottoms and a black t-shirt. His pants revealed themselves a tiny bit out of his jogging bottoms.

"No, I'm simply saying your hair always looks good." Jos blushed as she said this, and looked down at her feet.

"Well, thank you." Harry replied, "You don't look too bad yourself at 3 in the morning." Jos lightly laughed. Harry then suddenly thought that he could ask Jos about 'the feeling' seeing as she was also telepathic.

"Hey Jos, random question: have you ever experienced a, um, sort of out of breathe feeling when mind reading someone?" Harry pointed his toes towards each other as he awkwardly stood waiting for a reply.

"No Harry, I've never mind read someone who has feelings towards me." She replied.

"What? How did you know?!" Harry exclaimed.

"Keep your voice down or we'll get caught. I know because I've read the book we were given. I assume you haven't."

"No, I have..." Harry said, his tone saying otherwise, "okay maybe only sections. I just wasn't sure if the book was right." Harry said, looking down at his grubby feet.

"Well, it defiantly is. Have you been trying to mind read some girl, eh?" Jos asked, smiling to herself.

"Uh yeah, I guess you could say that." Harry laughed.

There was a sudden silence among the two of them. This had been the first time Harry had properly spoken to Jos other than in class about work. From what he could tell Jos was a confident character but at times she would get shy. She was sweet but had that cheeky devilish streak to her. Harry liked her, she seemed easy to talk to and so far it seemed like she would listen.

"Well I'm gonna go back to bed and try get to sleep. It was um, nice talking to you." Harry smiled before walking out.

"Night!" Harry heard Jos shout, turning around to see her waving. Harry waved back before turning right to his dorm room.

So the feeling meant Louis had feelings towards him. Harry thought this over in head, pondering about what he should do. If he brought it up he would scare Louis, or Louis may even hate him for mind reading him. He wouldn't be surprised.

Harry laid down in bed and once again ticked over his thoughts. He managed the drift off, but not without dreaming of Louis again.

comment - vote - share !