1.2

double update bc chapter 11 was short also bc i'm bored

Hazel was sick.

A ridiculous amount of used tissues surrounded her as she laid helplessly on her bed. Two thick blankets covered her because she had a cold, but then, she'd take them off because she had fever, as well. She felt like absolute shit, her father couldn't stay and nurse her, as he had left for the airport that day, which meant Hazel had to take care of herself.

She usually would see herself as an independent young women, who would be able to do things on her own, but that was clearly not the case. Hazel had been awake for the past two hours, and still wasn't able to gather up enough strength to move. After wiping her very runny nose, Hazel finally got up, still feeling quite tired.

She rubbed her eyes as she slowly walked down the hallway and into the kitchen, where she took her daily medicine and pills. After that, she had decided to make herself a cup of tea, which took her some time because it took her a lot of effort to simply move.

Her cup of tea was set at the coffee table in front of the couch she sat on, a blanket wrapped around her she took short sips every now and then. A loud knock was at the door, making Hazel groan, as she did not have enough energy to get up and open the door to whoever was outside.

"Wait," Hazel whispered, placing the cup down at the coffee table and slowly getting up, shuffling to the front door and opening it, revealing a very worried-looking Michael.

"Hazel," Michael said, his eyes widening at the sight of her, "You look-"

"Horrible," she continued for him, "I know."

"No, no," he shook his head, "How are you? Oh my goodness, I hope you're feeling well, I haven't seen you for the past few days, I've been so worried!" He got closer, attempting to pull Hazel in for an embrace.

"Michael," she said sternly, "I'm obviously sick as fuck, I don't want you to be sick as well."

She walked back to the couch, with Michael silently following behind her. He watched her as she drank her tea, paying no attention to him at all.

"Where's your dad?" he asked, taking Hazel's empty cup of tea to the sink and then sitting back down.

She sighed loudly, stirring around on the couch uncomfortably, "He's on another business trip."

Michael obviously did not know what to say, things have grown to be awkward between them because their usual conversations would be loud and they would just be joking around; Hazel wasn't even trying to continue the conversation with Michael, she was just too tired and too sick to bother doing anything.

"I can stay for a bit, if you want," Michael suggested, which Hazel replied to by shaking her head, "How about you just call me up whenever you need anything?"

Hazel nodded to that, with her eyes shut. She heard the door opening and being closed loudly, as she now knew that Michael has left. She was about to fall asleep when she felt something, which caused to get up immediately.

Running into the bathroom, Hazel groaned loudly. Not only was she incredibly ill, but she had just gotten her period. (idk if i have any guy readers so yeah, if you have a dick, i hope this isn't awkward or confusing ok idk) Hazel wanted to just die, because now, she had to go to a supermarket to get some monthly essentials.

She was still tired, and she knew that Michael had just told her that she could call him if she needed anything, but it would be just weird if she asked him to go get some tampons or something. After putting on a large coat and a pair of flats, Hazel walked down to the nearest supermarket.

She didn't care that she was still in her pajamas, or that her hair was a mess or that she probably looked like a homeless person, she just wanted to buy whatever she needed and go to sleep.

Walking through the aisles, she had noticed that she was gotten a lot of stares from the people inside, and she just wanted to smack each and every one of them and teach them a bit more about minding their own business, but she couldn't. After grabbing a big box and paying for it, Hazel walked back home, still wanting to go to sleep.

After unlocking the door and walking in, she dropped the plastic bag she was holding, her heart beat increasing massively at the sight of Luke, who was casually sitting on the couch.

"Oh, hey," Luke said, still not facing Hazel, but was still looking at the television screen with great interest.

"I'm going to fucking killing you," Hazel whispered, grabbing the nearest item and throwing it at Luke, and the item just so happened to be the tampons she had just bought.

"What the fuck," Luke yelled, getting up and shivering in disgust, "Why did you just throw those at me?"

"Why don't you just get the fuck out of here, Luke, I'm not bothered for any more unexpected visitors," she sighed, wanting him to get out.

"I just wanted to come and say hi and check on you," he said quietly, getting up and nearing the door, a sad expression clear on his face.

"Oh my god," groaned Hazel, "Okay, just sit down."

Luke did as he was told and sat down, and waited for Hazel to come and sit next to him. "I'll be in the bathroom for a few minutes, don't move," she instructed, walking out of the living room.

When Hazel walled back in the living room, Luke was still there, sitting the exact same way he was a few minutes ago as he patiently waited for Hazel. "Hey," she said, sitting next to Luke.

"Hi," he replied, "I've missed you. I've missed having you around, I've missed your presence."

"Sorry," Hazel whispered, looking down.

Luke laughed lightly, "There's no reason for you to apologize."

She shrugged, looking away from him. "How are you feeling?" Luke continued, wanting their conversation to continue.

"Brilliant," Hazel fake-smiled at him, "Because I obviously look so well and so energetic."

"You're even sarcastic when you're sick, nice," Luke said, smiling at her. Even though her hair was all over the place, her nose was red, her eyes had large bags under them and her lips were chapped and dry, he thought she looked beautiful, she always did.

"I'm always sarcastic," she said, lamely throwing two peace signs at him.

"And I like that," he nodded, "Do you need anything?"

"No thank you," she said, "Let's just watch a movie or something."

"I would really love to, Hazel, but I really have to go," Luke said, feeling extremely bad.

"Oh."

"I'm really sorry, I'll be back as soon as possible," he tried to make her feel better.

"Okay," she said uncertainly.

"Bye, Hazel," Luke said quickly, obviously hurrying. He placed a short kiss on her cheek before walking out. Hazel just sat there, placing her finger on the spot Luke had kissed her. She was confused.

it's 7pm and i'm still in my pajamas, laying on my bed, haven't brushed my teeth i'm sO TIRED