Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

"Snow, Haze!" My mum's voice calls through my sleep, "It's time to get up now, or you'll be late for school."

I groan and roll over onto my stomach, pulling the pillow over my head to muffle my mother's annoying voice. It's the last thing I want to hear in the morning.

There's a tap on my bare shoulder but I ignore it. The second time it was on my back and I flip over, swatting aimlessly at the air.

"Time to wake up, I feel like getting a coffee." A husky voice whispers in my ear.

"Then get it yourself." I mumble, rolling back over.

They sigh dramatically loud and I can sense them shrugging, "This is on you then."

I'm about to ask what they mean before I feel the unmistakable wetness drip on my head. I think the water is about to drop onto me but when I look up it's Haze who is in fact covered in water.

Without a word he shoves the bucket into my hands and pushes me out of the bed. I stand up and stare down at him in confusion. What is he doing?

"Ashley!" He yells down.

There's footsteps up the stairs and the moment mum walks in the door everything clicks into place.

When she sees me standing over the bed with an empty bucket in my hand and a soaking wet Haze shivering on the bed I know how it must look to her.

"It's not what it looks like." I say even though I know it won't make a difference.

Gillian stands behind her, mouthing that I'm going to be in big trouble. "Snowy Lee Kingston!" She roars and I wince, "You do not treat our guests like this, I'll get Haze a towel for a shower while you clean up this mess!"

She storms off before I get a chance to explain, Gillian laughs and follows behind her and down stairs. "What was that for?" I ask Haze when I'm sure no one can hear.

He shrugs and flicks his black hair out of his eyes. "Amusement."

"Sick amusement." I mumble so he can't understand.

When he stands up I notice something on his body that I didn't the night before. A thick black tattoo of an older angel holding a younger one in his arms tightly. The younger ones body was limp and small droplets rolled off of his skin.

"What's with the ink?" I ask, curiosity forcing me to ask.

Any trace of happiness that he had on his face disappears. "None of your business."

I hold my hands up in mock surrender, "Whoa, I was just asking."

Luckily mum chooses that moment to come in and I think of how grateful I am to see her angry face. I'd prefer hers over Haze's any day.

"Haze, here is a warm towel, Snowy will lend you one of his uniforms to wear to school."

I groan and begin digging around in my never ending closet for one.

"You should know where everything is, you've been in there long enough." Haze snickers to himself.

Luckily my mum doesn't understand, "Hurry up before you're late to school." Mum say before she walks away. I stick my tongue out at her, "Put your tongue back in before I chop it off."

Haze chuckles while I quickly do as she says. Weird mums. I shake my head while throwing a shirt and pair of pants at Haze. He catches them and walks into my bathroom without a word.

I'm tempted to ask him about his tattoo again but I bite down on my tongue. I'll leave it for another day. There has to be a meaning behind it though, no one gets a tattoo like that one just for the hell of it, it seems too personal.