(4) ᴀsʜ's Fɪʀsᴛ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ!

• Cassandra •

It was the day of Ash's first gym battle and he was excited. Like, REALLY excited. From the moment we all woke up to get ready, he was running around and jumping up and down in excitement for his battle. He even woke us up early so we couldn't be "late."

"You can't be late for a gym battle Ash. That's not a thing." Clemont told him tiredly when he first woke us up.

"I know but I don't wanna miss her! Alexa told me that she was gone on a trip and that she should be back today! I wanna be the first one she battles! What're we gonna do if somebody else comes first?!" Ash explained.

"Then we wait, dummy! You act like she's going to move to another region if we don't get there at a certain time!" I DO NOT like waking up early. I don't sleep in until 3 in the afternoon but I do like getting my full 8 hours and when someone ruins that, I am the WORST person to be around. Clemont calmed me down from nearly exploding on Ash and we started our walk to Santalune City. Poor Clemont was carrying a sleeping Bonnie.

I had my clothes back so I felt comfortable back in my own clothes as we made our way to town. I decided to not wear my hat today since I didn't think Ash had the time to focus on why I had his old hat. The whole time, everyone was tired and I was moody while Ash was full of energy and excitement. I'm going to kill him.

We finally made it to Santalune City and we all forced Ash to let us go to the Pokémon Center or a little cafe to eat and really wake up. After a bit of complaining from Ash and threats from me, he agreed and we stopped by a cafe. We decided to eat breakfast there since we had the chance and Ash whined again like a small child. He got over it though, once he saw the menu and felt his stomach growling.

Finally, we were energized and ready to start the day! We paid for our food and continued walking to the gym. After a while of walking, we realized that we didn't actually know where the gym was so we decided to take a little break by a water fountain while we tried to figure out how to get there. I had never seen a water fountain before, not even in the giant garden at home, instead, we have the oldest statue ever of... I don't even know. Most of it had crumbled away and no one bothered to fix it since nobody ever went outside to the garden.

I dipped my hand into the cool water and felt the waterfall from the top to the bottom in a mesmerizing cycle. Eevee dipped her paw into the pool and instantly fell in love with the cool, refreshing feeling. I looked over to my right and noticed that Ash and Pikachu were also enjoying the water fountain. A mischievous smile crept onto my face as I collected water in my hands. I called to Ash to get his attention.

"Hey, Ash!" I called. He moved his attention from Pikachu and the fountain to me, only to be met by cool water splashing his face and clothes. He wiped his face and looked at me in confusion.

"That's for waking us up early!" I told him. Everyone laughed at my playful revenge, except for Serena, who walked up to Ash to give him a little towel to dry himself up. His hat covered his face so I wondered if maybe I accidentally threw some that had something like a rock in it and it hit him in the eye or something. I worried a little until I saw him look up a bit until only his mouth was showing. I saw a sneaky grin on him and I had no time to react before I was splashed with water.

I yelled at the cold, wet feeling and soon enough, a full-on water fight between Ash and I started. Eevee and Pikachu even joined in to help us. All the splashing, laughing and "fighting" were interrupted by the flash of a camera that confused us all. We stopped to see that a young woman with a camera was the one who took a picture of us. She had blonde hair and a white tank top paired with green pants that had white cuffs, brown boots with green laces and a green bracelet on her wrist.