Prologue

Carissa's POV

"Where do you want me to put this?" The mover guy asks as he holds one of my boxes.

I open my new apartment and point in. "Just set it down in here." The guys nods and walks in, putting the box down before heading back to the elevator.

I recently moved out of my parents house, now that I'm twenty one years old, I can finally get my own place.

My parents moved here from California two years ago, because of my moms job transfer. She has one of those jobs where we have to move a lot, but now, her boss is settling her in England, specifically in Manchester.

But I took an apartment in Bradford, my mom was begging me to get a place closer. I turned down her offer of living in the house across the street from ours, and packed my stuff. It only took a week to buy and pack everything I needed, and head off to my new home.

I couldn't turn down this place, it's perfect for me. A great view of the city, and from the sound of the place, it's really quiet, just how I like it. I don't really get why this floor is half vacant, but frankly, I don't care.

***

It's now one in the afternoon, and the mover has left after I paid him for moving my stuff in.

I begin to put my kitchen utensils, quickly skimming through each item before putting them away. After putting the plates, cups, forks, spoons, and knives away, I move onto my bedroom stuff. When I look over to where my boxes are, I notice I don't see the one labeled 'Bedroom'.

I look everywhere in my apartment but can't find it, so I head out to look in the hallway. When I look down on my left, it's there, the brown taped up box is just sitting there, untouched.

Just as I'm about to pick it up, the door in front of me opens, and a girl falls on top me.

"S.hit I'm so sorry!" She says in an annoyingly high pitched voice as she stands up, adjusting her dress. She smells like sex as she ruffles her hair, her dirty blonde locks falling back into place.

I stand up also, and brush the dirt off of me as I watch her turn around.

"What the f.uck?!" She shouts at the person in the doorway. I can't see because her figure is blocking the person, and I can't help but be intrigued by the argument. "I could've broken my ankle!"

"I don't care about you or your ankle," a male voice says. A shiver runs down my spine as the harshness in his voice echoes through the silent hallway.

"You said last night that you wanted me, what about now?" She asks, placing her hands on her hips.

"I don't want you. You're just another one night stand that needs to leave. Now." I can tell that he's tired from sleep, and whatever they were doing last night.

She manages to slip on her heels, making her an inch taller. "You're such a b.itch." She says and starts walking away, leaving just me and the guy here. When I look at the male, he's giving me an intense stare.

"What?" He says harshly, eyeing me up and down.

"I-I just-" I try to explain.

"I don't care about what you say," he says, rubbing his eye. I stay there silent, watching him.

He's shirtless, his tattoos catch my eye as his right arm is filled with it, the left is almost bare, with just a couple on his wrist area. His abs are visible as I unintentionally travel lower, until I see his V-lines. The sweats he's wearing are low, low enough to see that he's not wearing anything underneath.

His scoff snaps me out of my trance as he leans against his doorway. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"I'm sorry I just needed to-"

"Like I said," he cuts me off again. "I don't care."

The first word I describe him escapes my lips. "Heartless," I mumble under my breath as I turn to my side and pick up my box. I've grown tired of his attitude.

"What did you say?" I turn back to face him, only to see that he's taken a step closer to me.

"Nothing," I mumble and turn around. I starts to head inside, but he spins me around so I'm face to face with his hazel brown eyes.

"What did you say?" He says more sternly, his jaw clenching.

"Why are you so heartless?" I ask, a fair amount of sass lacing through my voice.

"It's in my blood." He simply says as I watch him step inside his apartment, and shut his door without another word.

***

I finally manage to put everything away on my first day, which is a score for me because I can rest the whole day tomorrow.

The sky is already dark when I finish showering. I slip on an oversized shirt before climbing into bed, pulling the duvet over my body. As I'm about to drift off to sleep, my phone blares and I see who it is.

"Hey mom," I greet her as I sit up from the bed.

"So how's the new place?" She asks.

"It's great mom," I yawn.

"Sorry sweetie, I'll call you soon," she must know that I'm tired.

"Okay, goodnight mom." She says the same and I end the call. I my phone down on the nightstand before closing my eyes and get a good night rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N

Hi! This is my third book posted on Wattpad yay!

I'm really excited for this one because it's has more of a mature vibe than Those Five Boys.

Sooooo....I'll post Chapter 1 when the Prologue gets a couple votes okay?

Do you guys like the Prologue or nah?

Please comment!!

-smileforzayn