The Beginning

Here We Go Again

Sequel to: Leave Out All the Rest

Chapter 1: The Beginning

There comes a time in an unlucky person's life when they have the misfortune of crossing Mrs. Molly Weasley I. It had been said that some have not lived to tell the tale ( as noted by the very dead Bellatrix Lestrange), while others have claimed many broken limbs. Either way, the regret of defying Mrs. Weasley was instantaneous.

A young, foolish gardener now knew this as he cowered away from lethal brown eyes.

"Absolutely unacceptable," Mrs. Weasley snarled, her wand pointed forward, shaking it like it was her finger and it was admonishing those around her. "You take all of this back free of charge! We will not be paying for your mistake!"

"Gran!" Emerging out into the living room from his bedroom, handsome and sharp as always, was Louis Weasley. He wedged his way between the gardener and his grandmother. "Dad told you to stop threatening the workers. You don't need another lawsuit."

Mrs. Weasley did not lower her wand at her grandson. "Did Fleur not ask for twenty dozen roses?"

"Yes, Gran, she did—"

"Exactly," Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, taking a threatening step forward. Now Louis joined the gardener in looking absolutely terrified. "As I was telling you, boy, take this—"

"But she then changed it to twenty dozen sunflowers!" Louis bellowed after seeing sparks at the end of his grandmother's wand. "Tante Gabrielle said it matched the color scheme better!"

Mrs. Weasley's narrowed eyes stayed the same. "Why was I not told about this change, Louis?"

There were several reasons why a lot of decisions were made without his grandmother's consent, but Louis was not that much of an idiot to reveal them. While he thought himself to be her favorite grandson from the massive throng of other twats, Louis knew all about her rage. She is where the unholy phrase of Weasley Rage came from, after all. As such, he managed to smile innocently at her, using all of his Veela charm to distract her from possible murder.

"I'm not sure, Gran, but I just came from the kitchen, and Mum's stressing over her mince pies," Louis told her immediately. "They're crumbling straight out of the oven. She's worried they won't taste anything like yours."

"Of course they won't," Mrs. Weasley huffed. "That poor girl. I've told her hundreds of times what she's doing wrong. Now, boy," she looked behind her grandson's shoulder, "take these flowers to the back, then. Come on. Get a move on. Louis, make yourself useful and help him."

Louis nodded obediently until she marched to the direction of the kitchen. Fleur was about to be appalled at her mother-in-law's forced involvement with the food, but, luckily (smartly) it was no longer Louis' issue. He waved his wand at the arrangement of sunflowers, nudging to the gardener to follow him out.

As they left, Hermione Weasley walked in from one of the halls. There was a frown forming on her face as she combed through her long, silky straight hair. Her big, warm brown eyes were painted lilac, accentuating the flecks of gold in them.

Ron tugged at the back of her fitted, plum-colored dress. "Come on, 'Mione," he said with a laugh, snaking his arm around her waist. "No one will know we're gone."

Hermione swatted her husband's hand away. "Behave, Ronald," she told him. "I really doubt Bill and Fleur would appreciate if we use their house for your needs. Have a little respect."