[28] Back To That Damned Granny Again

.: Alex :.

                'Why...?' I whined, being dragged up Tamaki's front stairs by my foot.

                'Because where else are you going to stay?' The blonde in question answered as he pulled me through the door.

                'But why here? I'd have even taken Haruhi over staying with you!'

                'What's that supposed to mean?!'

                'Tamaki, it's not polite to yell at the guest.' Shima appeared out of nowhere, helping me up. 'Neither is pulling her up the stairs by her ankle.'

                'But Shima—' Tamaki whined

                'No buts.' She cut in, her eyes gleaming.

                I cowered against the wall. That lady looked quite formidable...

                ...like the type to take on a mountain bear in hand-to-hand combat and survive.

                Scary.

                'Your grandmother is still here.' Shima told Tamaki sternly. 'Now, Miss Nikolaevna, you need—'

                'Ah, I'm just an Alex.' I mumbled, watching as a variety of emotions flew across Tamaki's face. 'Besides, I don't believe any of that princess shi—' I took a hard look as Shima nearly heard me swear. '—eet. Sheet. Some lovely sheets.' I smiled weakly.

                'Uh, Shima, we'll be back. I'm just going to help Al settle in!' Tamaki cut in before the head maid could rip into me about manners.

                He pulled me up the stairs behind him, and though I could still feel the eyes boring a pair of holes into my back, I hissed at him lowly.

                'Did you just call me 'Al'? No one calls me 'Al'! Don't call me Al, I'm an Alex, got it?'

                'Okay, okay, my sweet. I'm sorry.' He turned his head and winked at me as we started down a hallway.

                'You better be.' I grumbled, a frown line creasing my forehead as I cracked my knuckles. 'But if I'm going to be staying here for an extended period of time—'

                'Your things have already been moved here.'

                '—I have to get some shit straight with your grandma.'

.: Kyouya :.

                'You will have to file daily reports on her behaviour and attitude.' I growled at a silver-haired man, maybe a year or two older than myself.

                'Yup.' He rocked back on his heels. 'Alex is gonna give you hell though, just be aware of that.'

                'I am.' I pushed up my glasses. 'However it would've been nice if you'd come forward with the information about S.H.A.D.O.W. earlier. I would have been able to ease her into the roll.'

                The boy shrugged, leaning against the wall. 'Mr. Ootari, I know I work for you, but there's something about 'Secret Mission' that makes it a secret. Besides, Jacob would've killed you as soon as he found out you knew.'

                'Yes. Any of those men employed would have been able to harm both you and your family.' Jeramiah pointed out.