Chapter 4

           I sigh, locking the front door as I dropped my duffel bag by my feet. I then pause for a second, just realizing the house lights were still on. I look around and no one was in sight. I figured Nicole probably left them on and fell asleep upstairs or something. I throw my house keys on the table making it make a loud thud when it hit the surface since the house was extra quiet.

           Humming to myself, I hold onto the wall and use the front of my foot to take my sneaker off my left foot. Just as I was about to use my bare foot to do it to the other, I look up and do a double take when I see something. Before I even process Nicole running toward me, she slams into me making my back hit the door. I fall over but grab her hair, pulling her down with me. Being more quicker in the hundreds of fights I've been in, I easily roll her over and get on top.

          Nicole wraps her legs around my waist from under me and grabs my hair, bringing my head down close to her chest so I couldn't see to swing properly. I grab her hands and try to pry her fingers off with the death grip she has on my hair, but it was no use. I was becoming angry as fuck and when I got mad I went off. I just got Zaire's number so I was chill right now but this bitch was really about to fuck it up for me—and herself.

           "Get off me." I say calmly. I was confused on what I did. We fought like this sometimes, but right now I was lost since I did just walk through the door. I haven't even seen her since last night.

           She didn't say anything so I begin to try and loosen her hands off my hair again. It wasn't working so I grabbed her hair as well and began banging her head against the ground. The floor was covered with a light green carpet but I could see in her face she was still feeling it. It only worked like five times before she started wilding out, shutting her eyes and trying to hit me, causing me to grab her hands.

           We stayed like that, locked in a ball like formation.

           "Get off me!" I scream a little louder. She ignored me and kept her hands locked onto my hair, holding my head down to her chest. I placed my palms flat on the ground by both side of her head and tried to get up but she tipped me over making me fall on my side.

          She tried to use that opportunity to jump on me but I was quicker. Just as she was about to leap on me, I kick her in the stomach and she goes flying backwards. She landed on the coffee table knocking over w bunch of mail and other shit placed on it, her weight even making one of the legs of the table snap.