Chapter 3

          I watched my best friend Mercedes shaking her ass in her large rectangle shaped mirror to the song "Holy Grail by Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake.

          "Uh, Blue told me remind you new niggas, fuck that bitch ya'll talkin' bout' I'm the new–"

           "You ever notice something bout' you?" I ask, watching her.

           "Notice what?" She asked out of breath, still dancing.

          "That you have to shake your flat ass to every song. Not all songs are meant for twerking."

          She stuck her middle finger up at me and continued rapping. "Caught up in all these flashing cameras, uh, but look what that shit did to Hammer." She made sure to answer my question when she started popping one of her butt cheeks.

          I rolled my eyes and gave an up and down look to my best friend who's wavy Brazilian weave was in a bun on top of her head. She had on a plain white crop top and some black boy shorts that seemed to bring out the little bit of butt she had.

           Mercedes was one of those girls that had a little something in the trunk so she was always wearing something short and tight. Things like maxi skirts, bodycon dresses and high waisted jeans. Those type of clothes gave anyone a little butt, but since she already had a little bit, it gave her a mini K. Michelle back there.

           "...Bright lights is enticing but look what it did to Tyson—"

           I took a pillow off her bed and threw it at her, laughing. "Cedes shut up!"

           Mercedes jumped onto the bed and got on top of me. I started laughing when she grabbed my arms and pinned them down to my sides, and started dry humping me. I wasn't a lesbian and neither was Mercedes, but we sometimes played around like that.

           "Girl get off me!" I say trying to push her off me.

           She threw her head back and started grinding on me harder. "Ooh yes, Serenity, yes! Faster!" By now I was laughing so hard I was too weak to fight back but a couple seconds later she got off of me, giggling.