Chapter 9 - The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth

Declan and I decided not to go to school for obvious reasons. We sat on the couch in silence for hours, until Declan finally asked a question, although it wasn't a question I was expecting.

"So Peter's not home for the day or something?" I shook my head. "Good. I don't like him Stacie. I really can't stand him...at all. I swear if I see him, I might not be able to hold back." I didn't reply, just stared into oblivion. "Why does he scare you so much Multi? What did he do to you?"

I shuddered, but felt like it was my obligation to tell him what was going on. "Declan..for a long time, living here was the best life I've ever known. I couldn't think of any life better than what I was living. Until I turned thirteen." I could feel the memories rushing through my head like a horror film. It was almost like, all that I'd shoved aside, locked behind a door of secrets was being unlocked and flooding my senses.

Declan grabbed my hand and I held on tight, as if he were my only hope...because he was. I opened my mouth to continue, but as I began to say the words that I'd been holding in for so long, the front door swung open, smacking the wall with a loud shatter. No words were spoken from the monster I called "father" as he made his way over to the couch I was sitting on.

Declan rose to his feet swiftly, knocking over the glass coffee table that Peter hated so passionately. At first, I don't think Peter even saw Declan, but in no time, my vigilante's tall body hovered over Peter's bloody face. He let out a long string of curse words and glared at me evilly, before lunging at Declan full force. They rolled on the ground, throwing punches that earned many grunts and groans, until finally, Peter got the upper hand. Wasting no time, Peter grabbed Declan by the front of the shirt and flung him into the front door.

By then, I felt like I had to do something, so being the dimwit that I am, I ran in front of Peter which did nothing but give me an angry punch to my ever so blabbing mouth. He kicked me off to the side, but I was determined to stop him from advancing towards Declan, who was holding his abdomen, barely conscious. He kept shaking his head, begging me to stop, but I couldn't. I could feel Tay beginning to take over, and one thing was floating through my spiraling brain.

I wasn't going to stop.

The slight control of my senses was all I had as sheer anger caused my limbs to follow Tay's commands. I made no effort to end her brutal punch to Peter's nose. A sickening crack filled the macabre atmosphere, as I realized I didn't want Tay to stop. I wanted her to rake her nails down his face, and to my surprise...she did. 

Her nails - my nails - dug deep into Peter's flesh, sending a rush of excitement, thrill, and pleasure through my body. He tried to fight back, but even the six foot three, two hundred and eighty pounds of muscled man couldn't stop Tay. To her, it was a mission. It was something she needed to accomplish to thrive. Although she wouldn't admit it, I knew that it all came down to her protecting me. 

And I have to say she did a very thorough job. 

After her nails reached his chin, she paused for a moment - a moment, in which Peter thought he could redeem himself - and Peter flipped me under him and sat on my stomach. As I just said, Peter was all muscle - no flab at all - so all the air rushed out of my lungs in a long 'whoosh!' . 

He sneered in my face, as I sat there struggling for air. Desperately, I looked to see if Declan was coming to help me, but he was struggling to get up, and I knew what Peter was about to do would forever leave an imprint on Declan's life, just like it did mine. 

Peter wiped the blood off of his face, the sweat off his brow, and took off his thick leather belt. As usual, my heart started thumping wildly. My body began to thrash, and Tay threatened to come out, bringing a loud scream with her. Before I could utter a sound, Peter wrapped the belt around my esophogus, causing my 'scream' to come out as nothing more than a strangulated yelp.

"Look who's in charge now, Stacie. Just like I told you, do as I say, give me what I want, and life wont be so hard. But no, you have to make everything complicated don't you? Well I'm going to make a deal with you. I'm sure your boytoy here wont want to see this, but that's too bad. So instead if you don't try to run away from me or fight me, we'll make it quick, okay?" I didn't say anything, partly because I couldn't, but mostly because I - more like Tay - had a better plan than that. 

He unzipped his pants, and by then, Declan knew what was about to happen. What he didn't know was the idea that was about to be put into action. I couldn't stand another day of the torture, so I ended it. It's as plain and simple as that. 

My hands - placed so thoughtfully by Peter - were above my head, but my feet were completely free. His large hand traced slowly over my - thankfully clothed - body like a snake, slowly teasing its prey. Fingers by my waistband, I felt the familiar pang of fear that I'd come to accept, but before he could even touch my zipper, I kneed him in what I call his 'torture device'. He cupped himself, as his face turned blue, and I scrambled from underneath his sweaty body. 

Realizing I had nothing to defend myself with, I dashed to the kitchen, right where Gina'd kept her "Official Culinary Knives", and picked up the biggest one. I heard a loud thump and a groan, and remember hearing Tay as I ran say to me:

'Hey Punk. Ever wonder what Gina would say if she knew her husband was a sleazebag rapist?' 

To be honest, I wondered that a lot, but then I figured she'd probably condone something like that. Anyways, I held the knife in my hand, and when I turned around I saw Peter getting up from the floor which was increasingly difficult for his massive frame. His pants were still around his ankles, so I ran away, knowing the idiot would trip on his pants. 

As expected, he landed face-first onto the hardwood floor. Wasting no time, - I was deteremined to be smarter than those people in movies - I ran up to Peter's body and stabbed him in the back - literally. He let out a long, loud cry, but before he could finish, I stabbed him  in the back of the neck. I know I could've stopped there, but I didn't. You know why? Because Peter needed to die. Just like the crazy people never die easily in movies, the monster in my life decided he wasn't going down so easy. 

Declan came up behind hime, still weak and probably a bit flustered, and whacked Peter behind the head with the lamp he held in his right hand. Then he smashed the vase in his left hand across Peter's face. I have to say - even though this is a serious situation - it was pretty comical. So anyway, he fell on the ground again - this time landing oon his back - and like the cherry on top of the sundae, Tay came out and stabbed him right in the heart. 

So if there's anything you need to know Detective...what's your name? Detective Garrity, yes. If there's anything else you need to know, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. This written document is all I have for you. I swear, I told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. 

Whether or not you believe me is up to you. 

-----

So um, shocker eh? One more chapter and my little short story is complete! :) 

Please ignore my mistakes ;) Vote, like, comment? 

Thanks for reading(: 

<3 Simone