Chapter 1 - Meet the Multiples: Tay, Cece, and Stace.

Chapter 1: Meet the Multiples: Tay, Cece, and Stace.

Stacie's POV: 

I can honestly say that I have no memories of ever having a real, legitimate friend. In all my sixteen, nearly seventeen years of life, everybody saw me as the freak, the weirdo. I guess in a way I am, and though my psychologist, Rita insists otherwise, I know that I'm different. If you saw me walking down the street, you would think I was just your regular, good-looking sixteen year old, on her way from the library...but I'm not.

I'm Stacie and I have exactly four personalities...that I know of. First there's Stace. She's flirty and sweet, but has the I.Q. of a hot dog. Cece is the baby of the group, very naive, and her feelings get hurt really easily. Tay is violent, sarcastic, and rude; everyone hates her tremendously. Finally there's me. I'm what my psychologist calls 'The Host', which means I have the most control over my body. 

It's taken me years of denial for me to finally be able to admit that I'm pretty messed up. My foster parents, Gina and Peter, sent me to a therapist in hopes to make me 'normal', but so far, I've only been able to uncover the dark secrets of my childhood. Turns out my childhood was pretty rocky, but we'll get to that later. 

I decided that it was time for another trip to the library, which was my only sanctuary of solitude. The August sun was setting, casting a blend of several hues across the sky. I live in a small town, hence the reason it's so easy for people to avoid me - they all know me as the crazy girl with the mental problem. Just as I was about to cross the street, a car full of guys sped past me, spraying me with murky water from the summer rain puddles. 

"Freak!" A few of them yelled. I noticed that there was a guy that I didn't recognize, who locked eyes with me for a moment, but I tore my gaze away to look at the damage done to my clothes. I could feel Tay trying to gain control and curse those guys out, but I held her back as I walked into the library. I'm fairly certain that the librarian only tolerates me because Peter donates a large amount of money to the library, but I really don't care because I get the books I want anyway. 

I grabbed a stack of novels and plopped down on the couch once they were checked out. After some time, I got up and left without saying a word to anyone - not that it mattered anyway. I saw that the sky  had changed to a dark indigo, stars shining brightly overhead.  My house is only a few minutes from the library, so I was comfortable walking, plus since it's summertime, everybody would be at parties anyway. Everybody except for me. 

I turned on the corner, into a dark alley that I use as a shortcut to my house, and cursed myself when I saw Patrick and his girlfriend What's-Her-Face. Ever since well...forever, they've been taunting me, and though I never showed any emotion towards it, it was really annoying.  They both sneered and stumbled over to me, and right then I knew they were drunk. 

"Well, well well..." Patrick slurred. "Look what the shrink dragged in!" Well apparently he wasn't that drunk if he could form a coherent sentence. I rolled my eyes and pushed past them, all while Tay fought to come out. What's-Her-Face pushed me back and I landed on my butt, my library books sprawling out all over me. That's when I couldn't control it anymore, and Tay came out to handle things. 

Tay's POV: 

I pushed my sorry self up off of the ground. Why that weakling Stacie is our host is still unknown to me, she lets everyone run over us and it's really starting to piss me off. I could feel Stacie trying to regain control of the body, but I was too angry to let her. The girl, Ashley, looked at me and laughed. 

"What are you gonna do freak?!" I smiled, evilly, and stalked towards her, even though I heard the others yelling at me in my head. 

' Don't do it, Tay! Give me control of the body! '