Out of Sight

I looked over my shoulder and saw Brady running up to me holding my surfboard. Originally, all I could think about was leaving.

But now I wasn't so sure.

"Mack!" He shouted, running over to my side, "You ready to leave?"

"Wait...you're leaving?" Lela asked sadly.

"I... I... I don't know." I looked up at my ex-boyfriend, "Just give me some time to think about it."

"Mack, there isn't any time. It's now or never." He grabbed my arm and tugged me towards the water, but I pulled away.

"Brady!" I shouted, running back to shore with the help of Lela. He turned to me, angry.

"We have to go. Now!"

"Then go!"

He jogged over to me with a confused but sad look on his face, "I don't understand. I thought you wanted to leave?"

"I did."

Lela looked at me in surprise.

"But I don't want to anymore."

"Mack, I don't think that's the best idea. What if something happens to you? What if you disappear?"

"I don't know what will happen to me, Brady. But I'll figure it out." I smiled through tears, "But if you miss me, you know where to find me."

Brady smiled and kissed me on the forehead. He was crying now, "I love you, Mack."

"I know you do."

"What am I supposed to tell your Grandpa?"

I gulped, why hadn't I thought of that?

"Tell him the truth. Tell him everything. He has a right to know."

Brady nodded and held my hand, "And your Aunt?"

"I... I don't know. But you'll figure it out." I smiled at him through tears, "You know, even through all that crap you pulled when we were here, I'm still going to miss you, Brady."

He nodded in return. My heart twisted in a large knot.

I poked him in the chest, "Go."

He gave me one last hug, grabbed my board, and swam out into the storm. Lela offered a comforting smile and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Lela."

I had finally said the words. And she beamed down at me, "I love you too, Mack."

She placed an arm around my shoulder and we just stayed there for a while, my head nuzzled into the crook of her neck.

A Week Later-

Brady switched on his television set back home and placed the DVD disc inside. Immediately, a full on musical number sung by the surfers broke out. And there was Mack, singing in the background wearing a beautiful orange bikini. And she couldn't have looked happier.

Mack's Grandfather walked into the room and smiled as he saw his granddaughter dancing on-screen.

"Wow." He admired, crashing down on a wooden beach chair, "Miss her, don't you?"

The blonde surfer nodded and smiled as he watched the scene where Mack catched Lela, the two instantly falling in love.

"They really do make a good couple."

Mack's Grandfather nodded in agreement nodded, "Yeah, they really do."

The End