Surf 'N Turf

Lela and I didn't return until close to nightfall. I bid her goodbye than ran over to Brady, who was waiting for me in front of Big Momma's.

"Well?" He asked.

"Nothing. She didn't take the bait, because she was way too busy flirting with me." I said, rolling my eyes.

Brady leaned on the wooden fence behind him. I could tell he was angered, but I couldn't quite tell why.

"Do you like her?" He said out of the blue.

"Oh, Lela? Yeah, she's pretty cool."

He stared into my eyes, "That's not what I meant."

"Oh. My. Goodness. Are you seriously jealous of me and Lela?" I burst out laughing, "You were the one who suggested we should date."

The blonde surfer boy flinched at her last word, and I rolled my eyes. I felt a poke on my left arm and smiled when I saw Lela standing there.

"Oh, hey Lae"

The raven-haired girl grinned ear to ear at the nickname. Brady, however, glared at me. She grabbed both my hands, making me blush.

"So, guess what? Me, Cheechee, Struts, and the other biker girls are having a pajama party tonight. Do you want to come? It would be fu-un!" She shook her shoulders, just to be silly.

I laughed, ignoring Brady's constant mouthing of the word 'no' I accepted her invitation. She was a cute girl, and it's not like I had anywhere else to spend the night. Lela squealed with glee and clapped her hands. The biker girl grabbed my right hand and dragged me away, getting one last look at an enraged Brady before the scene changed.

I was sitting in her bedroom, atop her cushy bed. I laughed as I watched Struts trying to do something new to Cheechee's hair, who protested and ordered her to keep teasing it.

It was then that Lela came out holding a lovely blue dress with white polka dots, "What do you think about this for my date with Mack tomorrow?"

I blushed a deep red, averting my eyes as I saw her begging for my approval.

"She likes to surf, and the water's blue, and this dress is blue. So next time she goes surfing she'll see the blue water and think of me."

The other girls said nothing. They seemed a big hung up on the whole girls dating girls thing.

"Why should I influence what you have to wear? Or, anything you do?"

Lela seemed shocked but said nothing.

"Wait...you's two's dating?" Cheechee asked, "Has a spark come off your plugs?"

The female biker laid down her dress, "Um...um..." She seemed to regret saying it. Lela looked like a person shoved under the spotlight. I slid off the bed and grabbed her hand, which caused a lot of surprised looks.

"We like each other. What's the big idea?" I squeezed her hand tighter, "It's the twenty firs- twentieth century." I sighed, and gay marriage wasn't legal back then.

Even so, I wasn't just going to let Lela be here with her tail between her legs. I leaned onto her shoulder, smiling as the girls just stared at us.