f i f t e e n

•    

the next morning, she tried to push away the hyungwon situation as she prepared to meet her patient of the morning, the unique changkyun.

nurses informed her that he have had a rough night. he had been singing and making noises with the top of his toilet, hitting windows and the metallic bars of the bed all because he was making an statement.

"a statement about what?" soon asked.

the nurses shrugged. "he said the pudding tasted like human excrement." the chubby old one said, the one who looked like a decent grandmother. soon tilted her head.

"human excrement?" she asked confused.

"shit. he said it tasted like shit." the other, taller and that a harsh voice, clearly from years of smoking, finally said. as easy as it was.

"oh." soon's lips turned into a small "o" and the other smaller and chubbier nurse nodded in agreement.

"he also refused to take his medicine, he claimed that he didn't need them." she added.

soon almost rolled her eyes as she knew exactly what was going on. he was still on his puberty time. he was being a rebellious teenager.

"it's okay. i'll talk to him... for now, please, bring him to my office when you can, we have therapy today." she said with a warm smile to the nurses as she made her way downstairs to her office.

kyunji was waiting already with a box on her hands. "as you asked dr. park."

soon opened the box and examined the items and nodded in agreement. "fine. i had dr. lee's approval so let's hope for the best." she said shrugging with excited eyes as she brought the box inside.

she placed the box in the middle of the coffee table and grabbed her notebook, taking a sit on her chair as she waited for the troubled patient.

a few minutes later, one of the male nurses brought him. "good morning hoseok-ssi... changkyun-ssi?" she said with a bright smile, but she only received greetings from the nurse. the patient seemed off and uninterested of being there.

she motioned to hoseok that it was okay and that he could leave now. sometimes patients waited for the nurses to leave so they could talk freely to their doctors.

"changkyun-ssi? you seem upset about something." she stated as she glanced at the usual white gown provided by the clinic, he was now wearing a pair of underwear underneath.

the boy just shrugged. his eyes were fixed at a lost point towards the window, he seemed annoyed to be there. "may i ask what happened this morning? with the pudding?"

she got his first genuine reaction. his eyes widened as he turned to look at her with victim eyes. "they told you about it dr. park?" he asked shocked.

"i am your doctor, of course they tell me everything."

he remained silent for a second, his eyes still widened ."everything, everything?"

"everything, everything." she reassured.

"aish... - he complained, scratching the back of his head – well... in my defense, it looked, smelled and tasted like shit dr. park." he said shrugging.

"i don't eat shit." he added. soon managed to not laugh in front of him since that'd give a bad look since she was the doctor. but she kind of agreed with changkyun, pudding there didn't taste like chocolate exactly.