Chapter Thirteen ==>

Catty: No, this isn't an update. What are you talking about???

------

"Where the hell is Rose?" Dave offered Dirk a quick smirk as he entered the carnival grounds.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He questioned. Dirk grabbed his collar as he passed, glaring daggers at him.

"I only let ya out to walk her home so ya better have a really fucking fantastic reason why," Dirk growled, bitterly.

"Alright, alright, chill," Dave raised his hand in defence, "She's staying out tonight."

"At John's?" Dirk questioned, "I thought ya had dibs on that particular fine ass."

"I knew you had a crush on the dork," Dave laughed, "But no."

"I can appreciate an ass without wanting to take it to dinner," Dirk retorted, "Is she staying with that other girl, then? Kanye or something?"

"Yes. She has run off with Kanye West and is now proclaiming her love for him," Dave smirked, "They're going to have four children named North, South, Ole' and Mid. The wedding will be in Vegas, naturally. Shawn Connery is going to be the flowergirl. Many ironic tears will be shed."

"And I didn't get invited? Well fuck," Dirk tutted, "I thought we had more of a connection than that."

"Yeah," Dave's lip hinted at a smile, "No, but Rose is seriously staying. Like... For good."

"What?" Dirk's eyes widened, "Over some girl she just met?"

"No," Dave shook his head, "Her mom."

"That can't be possible," Dirk denied, "What?"

"That crazy chick that John is neighbors with," Dave nodded, "Lady is off her rocker. Guess the trait is genetic."

"But how does she know?" Dirk asked, running his fingers through his hair, "It could be just any old bitch who can play along with it."

"Naw, this lady full out dropped her wine and smothered Rose with her boobs," Dave insisted, "Pretty sure it's the real deal. She says she's taking tomorrow off completely. Will be back for the rest of the week after, but she wont be... Coming with us, most likely?"

"Shit," Dirk stared at the carnival, silent now that the night was over.

"Well, I mean," Dave rubbed the back of his neck, "We knew this was going to happen, Bro."

"Yeah, but..." Dirk grumbled, "It's just like... Shit. Kid's like some kind of sister I never really wanted, ya know? Plus, she's about the only actual hand I have. Ya and Eridan are shit, Feferi doesnt believe in containing the life of innocent creatures, Audrey smokes so hard im pretty sure she's gained the ability to see through smoke and ya can't talk to Cronus without him snarking the hell out of ya or making a pass at ya."

"What about Tavros?" Dave remind.

"Kid is sweet but about as useful as a bag of rocks and his rapping is worse," Dirk shrugged.

"You only keep him around to look good," Dave accused.

"I am hurt you would imply such a thing," Dirk huffed. They stood in silence for a few moments, contemplating.

"So what are we going to do about this, Bro?" Dave wondered, "I mean, we cant just let her go."

"Its not like we can get in the way," Dirk shook his head, "Girl is confident - or stubborn, whichever ya prefer - and aint gonna stand for it."

"But shes our family," Dave frowned. Dirk shook his head.

"Good night, Dave."

"Bro?"