Chapter Four ==>

“Yo! Gamzee!” Dave called, making the clown look towards him, a smile plastered across his face.

“Well hey there, little dude,” he waved with a horn in his hand, “Who’ve you got here?”

“Hi!” John stuck out his hand, “I’m John!” Dave quickly pulled it away, giving Gamzee a suspicious look. He didn’t seem to notice, or mind. Whichever.

“So. How can I help you both?” he wondered, squeaking his horn and making Dave narrow his eyes.

“I’m just introducing John to everyone,” Dave explained, cooly.

“Oh that’s great!” Gamzee approved, “A motherfucking miracle, little man. I hope you’re enjoying yourself.” This last part was aimed to John and he nodded, smiling.

“Yeah. It’s great,” John confirmed, “Hanging out with Dave is super cool.”

“Okay…” Dave interrupted any further attempts at conversation, “We’re going, now. Later, Gamzee.”

“Bye, little man,” his horn squeaked after them, Dave tensing his shoulder as they walked away.

“That was a bit rude,” John mentioned, “He seemed nice.”

“Trust me, John,” Dave muttered, glancing back to make sure he wasn’t following them, “That guy is a creep. Clowns, I’m telling you… Especially him. Me and Bro are convinced that he’s a convicted murderer running from the law. It’s not proven, but even if he isn’t, he gives a bad vibe.”

“I think you’re making a big deal about this,” John frowned, “He’s just some clown. I mean, you should consider yourself lucky you only have to deal with one.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Dave demanded.

“My dad is obsessed with harlequins,” John explained, “You can’t go anywhere without finding them all over the place at my house.”

“Remind me never to go to your house,” Dave muttered, “That actually sounds a lot like my brother and his puppets… Except Bro’s puppet are cool and ironic while your dad’s harlequins are just creepy.”

“You get used to them,” John shrugged, “Anyways, where to next?”

“Um… We could go meet Sollux?” Dave suggested.

“I already did,” John replied, “He’s hanging out with Karkat.”

“So that’s who that dude he was giving bedroom eyes to is,” Dave muttered.

“He was?” John raised an eyebrow.

“Well,” Dave replied, “I mean, nobody can see his eyes to actually know because of those stupid glasses he wears, but I would totally be making bedroom eyes at him behind my shades.”

“Uh-huh,” John gave him a judgmental look and Dave laughed, looking up at the sky to get a time estimate. The sun was going down and would be gone before either of them knew it.

“I think it’s time we finish up this tour and hop on the Ferris wheel,” he stated.

“Okay,” John allowed, following him to their last stop. Opening the tent, an elephant snorted at them in greeting and John beamed in excitement.

“Dave! It’s an elephant!” he stated, pointing. Dave chuckled, and led him over, putting out his hand to rub against their trunk in greeting, motioning for John to do the same.

“His name is Hussie,” Dave explained, “I’m not really sure why, actually.”

“And what about this one?” John moved to another elephant, petting their trunk as well.