Zayn Sick - X Factor

A/N 

This was yet ANOTHER request from 1Dsickfics2015 (thanks, girl, luv ya bunches) and it took FOREVER to write, and now I have to frakin retype it. And, disclaimer, I have never seen any X Factor in my life besides the lads' auditions, so it is absolutely not what the show really is. Please try to survive through my crap rendition of the X Factor 🙏. I'm currently working on an original idea, don't worry 😂, so I hope you enjoy my 3000 word story! 

It was the day before show day in the X Factor and everyone was hype. The stress and the excitement from each contestant had been rolled into one busy vibe. Everyone was awake it seemed, except for Zayn Malik. This boy loves sleep. His fellow One Direction members knew this, even with only knowing him for a little over a week

So, when they were all up except for Zayn, they thought nothing of it. Liam had done a breakfast run that morning for the boys who were awake, getting pancakes for everyone except Niall.

He got leftover Nando's.

The singers each sat on their own bed eating breakfast and talking about the big day ahead of them. It was when Louis started throwing syrupy pancakes at Harry when Zayn began to stir.

The first thing the Bradford boy felt when he woke up was a dull ache behind his left eye. His wince went unnoticed by the other boys, however, as Harry and Louis were still in a food fight, Niall was stuffing his face with pizza, and Liam was trying to make everyone stop doing what they were doing.

Zayn sat up slowly, rubbing his eye and yawning widely. "It's alive!" Niall screamed through a mouthful of Nando's , making Zayn feel a slight spike of pain ripple through his head. He thought nothing of it, though, and he quietly got out of bed to get ready.

"Okay, guys." Liam began his daily speech when Zayn was finally ready to go, not needing breakfast like the other boys. "I know, I know, it's only week two, but today is still huge. We have to give it our all today on."

 Louis rolled his eyes sassily up at Liam, fake yawning in the process. "Really, Liam, we don't need a pep talk every. Single. Morning. We got this in the bag!" Liam shook his head at this, and walked into the bathroom to brush his hair and teeth.

 After Liam was done in the restroom, the lads headed to their second to last rehearsal. Well, it wasn't an official rehearsal, but they called it that anyways.

Even after the nine hours of uninterrupted sleep, Zayn was, to say the least, exhausted. As they walked, he resulted to leaning into Louis to support his weight.

In the room they used for 'rehearsals', the boys did a quick acappella warm up before jumping into their song, 'My Life Would Suck Without You'.

They stood in a circle, the order going Liam, Niall, Louis, Zayn, Harry. Zayn continued to lean into the older boy, which resulted in the two of them getting glares from Harry. His thought was Zayn was just being lazy. He's always tired, and that's his own fault. Louis shouldn't have to accommodate to his needs all of the time.

A few run throughs and some touch ups later, Zayn felt about dead. He had no idea why he was so tired, and why his head ached. Nine hours is a solid time to sleep, so he should be fine, but the fatigue in his body and Harry's stand-offish behaviour made Zayn feel like a piece of shit.

The boys finished up their 'rehearsal' and headed back to the kitchen, where Liam made them lunch.

"You hungry, Malik?" Niall asked, seeing that Zayn wasn't eating any of the paninis Liam had made for him. He shook his head slowly, pushing the sandwich away and leaning back into his seat.