[11] Weird.

♦Lots of characters from Vices (boyxboy)♦

Also sory for the accents, didn't want this to go private.

     "You sure this is it?" Lorn murmured, eyeing the homey house. The walls were dark beige and the roof brown, colors going nice with the orange, grey and green curtains.

     They walked down the pebbled path and to the door. There was a cardboard sign on the wall with an address scribbled on it in marker, and surely enough it matched the one on their piece of paper.

     "Well, here goes." Verger knocked, sure it would go heard since there was no muffled music coming from inside.

     The two friends locked eyes and as if on cue pulled faces at the same time, which caused them to laugh just as the door opened.

     "Oh, hi." Lorn greeted, while Verger set on trying to keep his jaw closed against the impulse to gape.

     The man that answered had blond hair barely touching his shoulders. His pale blue eyes were half closed in a tired manner, underneath which two smoker lines went down. There was a dimple on his blond stubbled chin, and his thin lips were shaped into the laziest grin. Despite looking like he quit life, he was overwhelmingly handsome in that careless attitude that just killed Verger.

     "Hi, names?" he asked, letting his grin drop as if it had taken too much of his effort.

     "Lorn and Verger."

     The blond scratched his hair with a blue pen and looked down at a crumpled sheet of paper. He traced a line, then waved the pen around and looked up.

     "I have no Verger on the list." he looked from one friend to the other.

     "Oh." Lorn said. "Well, yes, Valentin only invited me but I brought my friend along 'cause I don't know my way around."

     "I see." the man sighed, shoving the paper in his pocket and moving aside to let them in. "Lorn..."

     "No, he doesn't like Korn." Verger laughed lightly. "Yours?"

     "Curtis." the man answered with a scoff at the joke, wiping the ink on his hand off his black and dead-meat-red pullover before shaking Verger's. "So, you guys aren't from around here?"

     "Well, we live in Viscount Street but I grew up here." Verger stated, glancing around at the empty lobby. They must've moved stuff out so that they wouldn't get wrecked during the party.

     "That place is a mess." Curtis shook his head and Verger chuckled, all the while Lorn glared at them from nearby. "But they have that one cool pub, uh... Polly's."

     "Yes, they actually named it after the Nirvana song." Verger's eyes took a glisten to them.

     "Hah, I guessed so." Curtis placed a few strands behind his hair and half-assedly dragged the grin back on his face. Well, it wasn't even that, just a squint of the eye that somehow gave the impression of smiling. "The party's over there." he pointed at a door. "In the basement. I'll find you there once everyone will have arrived, yeah?"

     "Sure!" Verger shrugged with a bright smile, nothing like the smirks he'd pull on Lorn. Not that the man fussed over it or anything.

     They walked to the door and opened it to find a row of stairs. Once Lorn closed the door behind them, he scoffed a loud, cynical, mocking scoff.

     Verger rolled his eyes, the smile slipping off his face as if Lorn flipped the switch of his mood.

     "You were a blush and a giggle away from becoming a wet panties schoolgirl." Lorn murmured as they made their way down.