[9] Homos.

Lorn lacked the energy to jerk his head up when the metallic door scraped the roof floor with a creak.

     Steps approached, stopping nearby and then a soft thud. The rustling of paper bag and another thud as it was placed down by him.

     Lorn finally raised his head from on top of his knees and glanced to the right at Verger, who was sitting cross legged. He snatched the bag and took the burger out of it, wasting no time in eating.

     "You had the guts to come back?" Lorn murmured, his eyes that were bloodshot from lack of sleep glancing at the sunrise he's grown tired of.

     "Four stages of anger: annoyed, frustrated, infuriated, hostile. Figured I'd wait 'till the last part."

     Lorn took another bite, sighing in bliss as his stomach hugged it greedily. Wiping his mouth with a hand, he turned to look at Verger. He licked his teeth, opened his mouth.

     "It's fine." Verger said beforehand, moving his glance from his lap to the sky. He looked mildly inconvenienced, as if his newspapers hadn't landed on the 'welcome' mat, not as if his best friend had broken his lamp and spoken shit.

      "Nah, I was..." Lorn murmured, trying to avoid saying sorry. It just felt childish saying stuff like that. "It's just, I really can't deal with things that take me aback. Whether it is physical or psychical, I can't stand surprise elements. Tickle me and I'll tickle your mouth with my fist, it's just reflex."

     Verger scoffed faintly. "I get it."

     Lorn nodded, taking another bite. Glancing in the paper bag, he retreated a tall cup of coke and sipped from the straw. Verger took a few fries from a tiny box inside and munched on them.

     Lorn observed as he did, and then grinned wickedly. "How many fries can you guys fit?"

     Verger paused munching to lifelessly glance at him. "I don't know what they taught you in school, but people's jaws work the same no matter their sexual orientation."

     "Fo' real?"    

     "Yeah not even kidding."

     "Whoa." Lorn huffed, taking another bite and jerking the thing towards him in an offer. Verger glanced at the burger and bent in, taking a mouthful and chewing like a pig. "That wasn't sensual at all."

     Verger rolled his eyes. "Dude seriously." he spat a couple crumbles.

     "Jus' messing around, you owe me that much after leaving me here an entire night."

     Verger smiled thinly.

     "Did you get the lamp fixed?" Lorn asked.

     The man shook his head with a sigh. "I didn't even leave the building. Went at Oasis's to return his keys and apologize for the whole deal. Then he spent the next hours explaining me his Illuminati research. Poor guy..."

     Lorn hummed. "Already moving on to new friends, huh."

     Verger looked at him that time, and Lorn looked back, both pairs of eyes searching each other. Verger was the first to glance away, looking at his lap.

     "Would it..." he looked back at Lorn. "...be the case to?"

     Lorn's eyebrows went pinched and he twisted his mouth in an uncomfortable expression. "You're asking if I'm fine with..."

     "Yes."

     Lorn sighed, picking at his burger. "Man... You shouldn't have said shit... You basically went 'I like dick' and then I glance down and go 'Hey look I have a dick' you know what I'm saying?"