[8] Shady stuff.

Lorn looked edible in a beanie.

     Verger seriously felt the need to munch on his head whenever he glanced at the man, walking next to him down the street. The beanie stood loose on his head, but kept his hair straight and pinned around his strong face. Sure, it made him look like a drug dealer, especially with the bruises under his eyes that had yet to fade, but he pulled it off greatly.

     And then the movements of his jaw as he munched BBQ flavored Mexicorn... Verger admitted to himself that his friend was attractive.

     "So how was the sex anyway?" Lorn asked lightly, glancing down to brush some crumbles off his oversized t-shirt.

     Verger pursed his lips and glanced forwards in time to dodge a passing bike, nudging Lorn. After glancing back after the man, he sighed contently. "Haven't had such a big dick in a while."

     Lorn laughed, failing to get the second meaning behind that. "Hah, that good, huh. Man, it's been a while since I did it."

     "When was your last time?" Verger asked.

     "Four days ago, on Wednesday."

     Verger squinted. "We hanged out most of Wednesday."

     "Yeah, remember the pizza place we've been to? I went to the bathroom at some point."

     "Dude!" Verger groaned and Lorn laughed wickedly. "Who was it?"

     "Your mom."

     Verger rolled his eyes.

     "Hah, but she was a mom. You know, the woman with the crying twins?"

      "That is disgusting."

     "You kidding me?" Lorn's voice took a drastic pitch. "Well how was your girl better, huh?"

     "My girl?" Verger raised a daring eyebrow.

     "Yes, your girl."

     "Funny thing you say that." Verger turned to look at him and come out with it, when something caught his eye and made him stop on his tracks. "Fuck."

     This had to be the Placebo effect.

     He really had managed to push that kleptomaniac side of him to the back of his brain, and got as far as forgetting of it over the years. But it took Lorn pointing it out yesterday to bring that side back to life, not necessarily to domination, just spark that was stronger than the dull twitch of the temple he'd experience once or twice a week.

     And now the spark was sprinkled down his body and into his veins. He could feel them pulsing in his wrists as he stared at the wide window of the shop, his reflection blurry since he was focused on... on a lamp.

     "Verger." Lorn murmured, his reflection joining Verger's, who looked a little deader than usual on the outside. Half closed eyes and hunched back as always, but his jaw was clenched and his gaze distant.

     "I want that." he tapped the glass with his finger quickly.

     "A lamp- what the fuck, you said you were past that shit."

     "It's your fault."

     "Dude. When I said it's a bad thing to stop stealing once you live on Viscount Street, I was referring to food and clothes and... shit, not lamps! You have six! And one of them looks identical to that one."