Chapter 4: My Little Sister and Her Friends

*Luke's P.O.V.*

I pulled into my sister's school's parking lot. I said to Bella, "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get Zoe and her friends-- I'm warning you now that this car is going to get real loud, real fast." She nodded in understanding.

I hopped out of the car and jogged to the little play ground behind the school for the younger kids. I spotted Zoe's friends on the swing sets, giggling at whatever little 8th grade girls giggle at, and started searched around for Zoe. I saw her by the slide, a little too close to a boy, hopefully, in her grade. Brotherly instincts kicking in, I walked up to them, saying, "Three feet! No touching!"

Zoe groaned, and took two steps back. "You are so annoying!"

I went to her side and hugged her tight. "Aw, I love you, too, lil' sis!"

The boy coughed awkwardly, and I turned to him. "So. Who have we here?"

He put out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Jason Gray."

Did I hear that correctly? Did he just say... "Gray"? I guess my face have given away my... recognition, because he put his hand down, asking, "You know my brother?"

I stuttered, "Sorta..." I ran a hand through my hair, and looked for resemblance. Jason was tall for his age, and I guess masculinity ran in their genes because he was almost as brawny as his brother. He had the same green eyes, just more blue rather than green, but his hair was light brown, and straight, unlike his brother's 'just-got-out-of-bed' curly black hair. I smiled at him. "I'm Squirt's brother, Luke..."

She threw up her hands. "Luke! It's Zoe." She whispered at me, so Jason couldn't hear, "I really like him, so please stop with the 'Squirt.'" I looked over at him and saw the smile on his face. He probably heard her.

I backed away from her with my hands up in defeat. "Fine, fine, but I must ask him a few things." She hesitantly nodded.

Turning to where Jason was standing, I asked, "So, Jason, do you like my sister?"

He smiled, looking at Zoe, and nodded. "Yeah, I do." Zoe blushed deep red and glared at me.

I looked back at Jason. "Do you plan on asking her out?"

This time he blushed, but still nodded. "Yes, I do." Zoe smiled widely, flushed.

I laughed at how cute they were. Zoe smacked my arm. "Okay, okay, one more. You understand you are too young to get my sister pregnant, right?"

"Luke!!!" Zoe squealed, covering her face. "I can't believe you just asked that!"

Jason, however, caught on to my joke and said, "Don't worry we'll use protection." Zoe huddled into herself even more in embarrassment.

I laughed out loud, walked to his side, and patted his back, saying, "Oh, I approve, you two may date."

I looked over at Zoe. "Squirt, we better go. I have to drop Bella off ." She nodded, grabbing her bag off the ground.

Confused, Jason asked, "Is she your girlfriend?"

Zoe laughed out loud. "She might as well be. They're inseparable." Jason seemed a little confused.

I asked, "Something wrong?" I frowned.

He shook his head. "No, it's just something my brother told me. He called me after lunch."

"Oh." His brother. Derek.

Zoe tugged on my arm. "We gotta go. Bye, Jason!" She blew him a kiss and he smiled widely, pretending to catch it and put it in his pocket. Zoe giggled and led me to her friends.