Chapter 14 - Together.

*Luke's P.O.V.*

"What?" I guess I heard incorrectly, but, did he just say I have more then one mate?

"Luke, you have more then one mate." He seemed saddened by the thought. His voice was softer, and the emotion was clearly there. What does this mean for us?

"Why didn't you tell me this before, Derek?" I heard a muffling sound, and assumed he took a deep breath.

"Well, it didn't really matter, Angel. Unless one of your other mates come near you, it wouldn't have mattered."

"'Didn't matter'? Does it matter now?" I cannot believe he kept this from me.

"It doesn't matter, Luke, it doesn't matter. You just asked about the other beings, and it came to my mind, and I thought I should tell you... I'm so horrible at explaining things." God, I'm such a girl. I'm getting moody, and suspicious... I guess I really am gay.

"It's fine. I keep jumping to conclusions, anyway." I fell down on my back, and laid on my bed, staring at the dark ceiling. Awhile back, I decided I was Goth or something and painted the walls black. It was a phase, but now I'm too lazy to change it. Plus, the color kind of grew on me. It portrayed my feelings from when dad died. I don't want to forget those feelings, because if I do, I might forget dad.

"Well, it's okay to worry." We were both quiet for couple slow seconds before Derek started again, "Did you know my pack moved here because someone got into trouble with the neighboring Elemental group?" Does he forget I know nothing about his "world"?

"No. What's an Elemental?"

He explained in a 'Duh' voice, "When someone is an Elemental, it means they can control one of the four elements." Wow. It was that simple? Hmm.

"What'd he do to make them so angry?" What would you have to do to make someone so angry, you'd have to move? I mean, really?

"I'm not sure. Dylan told me he was fighting someone about their mate, and things escalated quickly." Oh. God, I feel bad for their mate. To have a great connection to both and having to choose. It must really suck.

I hope that it doesn't happen to me. Knock on wood.

Reaching to the side, I rapped my knuckles against my bed-side table.

"Who's Dylan? Was he that guy making goo-goo eyes at Bells?" He chuckled.

"Yes, he was the one making goo-goo eyes at Bella. Dylan's one of my close friends." He paused. "You know, I kinda miss Florida. I mean, I had some friends in that Elemental pack, and it's hard leaving the people you grew up with." 

"I can sympathize. If I had to leave Bella, I wouldn't talk for weeks. She gives the sarcastic person in me a will to survive." In truth, if I left Bella, she'd be a mess. I've always been there to help her with these little things, stuff she probably doesn't notice, and I know that if I wasn't here with her, she'd be different. Once, in maybe the summer of fifth grade, I left for a camp my mother had signed me up for-- without permission, might I add-- and when I came back Bella was literally waiting for me at the front door. When I went over her house for our old ritual of 'game day', our concept of a drawn out game night-- God, I miss those times when we could just slack off all day-- I had spoken to her mother, and apparently, Bella had been acting up. Well, Bella's type of acting up; being quiet and introverted. So, I think that leaving Bella is something neither of us could handle. We've already decided to go to the same college. We actually looked for colleges we both liked and plan on only applying to them. The one we both get into, that we both want best, is going to be our next step in life.

That's me and Bella, for ya. Taking our steps... together.

Like how Derek and I will be now.

"How long have you and Bella been together? I mean, you seem so close." He sounded slightly jealous. Hmm...

That's kinda hot.

"Since... elementary school, I guess. It's hard to admit, but, Bella sorta saved me from some bullies." I laughed at the memory. "They never came near me again. Bella, and I swear I'm telling the truth, beat them to a pulp, and I think one of them still can't sit right." Derek joined my laughter, chuckling quietly.

"Why am I not surprised?" I can imagine him smiling really big at this moment. "She was like that when she was little?"

"Yeah. It really isn't that hard to believe. Just picture her shorter, more innocent looking, and there you have it. A seven year old Bella Stein." I smiled as I turned on my side to look over at the framed picture I have of me and Bella on my night stand. I remember taking the photograph, on a cool, late fall day. I was over at her house, helping rake the leaves. Her mom made us pose together, my skinny, ten year old arm hooked with Bella's as we smiled with red noses and cheeks. Bella had braces, and I had glasses. I guess we were a little geeky back then, but who says that's a bad thing?

"I have to go Luke, sorry, but my dad is calling me. I'll be at your house tomorrow to pick you and Zoe up." When I was about to answer, he quietly added, "I love you..." I can feel myself melting. Is this love? This feeling I get only with Derek?

Yes. Yes it is love.

Taking a deep breath for courage, I replied, "I love you, too." I smiled. "See you tomorrow, Derek." Then, not knowing what to do, I hung up.

I think this is going to be one heck of a year.

*A/N* 

Please, please, please, 

VOTE 

FAN 

And  

COMMENT 

-Crumbs