The Proposal

"Shaun, Dr. Melendez wants to see you at the front of the building," Claire says, obviously trying to keep in a smile. ""What's so funny?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Just go to the front." I walk briskly to the front and see Dr. Melendez talking to a girl with short, brown hair. "-we don't normally let our surgeons take time off, but we can make an exception because  Murphy has been such a good worker." I tap Dr. Melendez on the shoulder, honestly confused. "You wanted to see me?" I ask, the girl turns around and I immediately recognize who it is; Lea. 

"Shaun!" She yells. She hugs me tightly and it made me uncomfortable, but soon I wrapped my arms around her. "Lea," I say quietly, trying not to ruin the moment. I look at Doctor Melendez and he just smiles. "Listen, Murphy. You're a good surgeon. That's why I decided to give you a week off. Go! Enjoy yourself, be a kid," he smiled and I was just amazed. "Ok." I take off my surgeon gear and meet Lea outside. We hold hands as we walk to her car. 

"So wat are you doing here?" I ask. "I needed to get away from Hershey! It is so boring without you," I smile, "I decided to take the week off and visit you, but I have to go back on Monday." We walk up to her car and she has a pine scented air freshener. "Don't worry Shaun, I remembered," she said while giving me an extra air freshener. I inhaled the scent quite happily. WE made it back to my place and for the duration of the time, we just hung out and got take out. I was definitely going to miss Lea wen she left. But I thought, maybe she doesn't have to leave! I knew what I needed to do. 

Lea was passed out on the couch and I knew I had to do it now. I went to a jewelry shop and got her the perfect engagement ring, the cheapest one. When I returned, Lea was up, making a sandwich. "Hey Shaun," she said while chewing ham. I tried relaxing my stiff fingers, but it didn't work. My hands kept shaking. Lea noticed. "Shaun, what's wrong?" she asked. I couldn't take it. I plopped on the ground and tried to take out the ring, but it got snagged on my pants. After that set back, Lea knew what was happening. "Lea, will you marry me?" I ask, my palms were quite clammy. Silence. 

 "Shaun, I enjoy being in your company, but I can't. I have a life in Hershey, and we're too young to get married. I'm sorry." I dropped the ring on the floor and leave, going to the safest place I knew, the hospital. Lea kept calling after me, but I kept going. I walk in and put on my surgery gear. "Hello, Dr. Melendez" I say while scrubbing my hands, preparing for surgery. He looked quite surprised. "What are you doing here Murphy? You still have another day off!" I had to leave, I tried proposing to her, but she said no." Dr. Melendez stopped scrubbing. "WHat?!" he asked. "I love it when she's here and I wanted it to last forever," I sigh. "Love is hard, especially young love." I just nod my head. 

THE END!!!

Thank you for reading and don't forget to request on the first page (^3